Liyuan Chen, Ph.D.
Department Radiation Oncology
Liyuan Chen, Ph.D., Assistant Professor in the Department of Radiation Oncology, earned her doctorate degree from Hong Kong Baptist University. After graduation, she started a postdoctoral research fellow position at UT Southwestern Medical Center, followed by completion of her clinical training in UT Southwestern’s Medical Physics Residency Program where she served as chief resident during her second year.
Dr. Chen's research interests include medical image reconstruction and processing, inverse treatment planning, and treatment outcome prediction.
- Inverse treatment planning
- Medical image processing: denoising, deblurring, segmentation, classification, and registration
- Medical image reconstruction
- Treatment outcome prediction
Honors & Awards
- Interdisciplinary Contest In Modeling Meritorious Winner
- American Association of Physicists in Medicine (AAPM) (2021)
- American Society of Radiation Oncology (ASTRO) (2021)