Chenyang Shen, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, earned his bachelor’s degree from Yangzhou University and both his master’s and Ph.D. at Hong Kong Baptist University. After completing his medical physics residency in the Department of Radiation Oncology at UT Southwestern, he stayed on as faculty in the Division of Medical Physics and Engineering.
Dr. Shen's clinical focus is on RefleXion and EROC TPOD; his research interests include machine learning and deep learning for medical applications, medical imaging and image processing, intelligent automatic treatment planning for radiotherapy, and optimization techniques and algorithms.
Dr. Shen is the recipient of several awards including ASTRO’s Basic/Translational Science Award for Junior Investigator (physics category) and AAPM’s Best in Physics (Therapy).
- Intelligent automatic treatment planning for radiotherapy
- Machine learning and deep learning for medical applications
- Medical imaging and image processing
- Optimization techniques and algorithms
Honors & Awards
- AAPM Best in Physics Paper (Therapy)
- ASTRO Basic/Translational Science Award for Junior Investigator
Physics Category (2019)
- American Association of Physicists in Medicine (AAPM) (2016)
- American Society of Radiation Oncology (ASTRO) (2017)
- Society of Industrial and Applied Mathematics (SIAM) (2012)