Kimberli Lambert, M.D.
Department Internal Medicine
Dr. Kimberli Taylor (Clarke) Lambert is an Assistant Professor of Medicine at UT Southwestern with clinical responsibilities as a non-invasive cardiologist at the Dallas VA Medical Center. Dr. Lambert completed her undergraduate degree at Spelman College in Atlanta, GA. She received her Doctorate of Medicine at Meharry Medical College in Nashville, TN. She completed her Internal Medicine residency at the University of Maryland in Baltimore, MD, followed by a fellowship and faculty appointment in cardiology at Vanderbilt University Medical Center in Nashville, TN before joining faculty at UT Southwestern.
Dr. Lambert’s special interests include CV health disparities with a special focus on eliminating cardiovascular disease in minorities and women. She has served on the Board of Directors for the Association Black Cardiologists. She was selected by her institution to represent as a 2014 Minority Faculty Development Seminar Participant. She continues to serve in her community participating in outreach programs, health fairs and public speaking to bring awareness to high risk communities.
Dr. Lambert has always enjoyed sharing her knowledge and personal experience with colleagues and has served as the keynote speaker at events for many local and national organizations such as the Association of Black Cardiologists, the Auxiliary to the National Medical Association (ANMA), Morehouse School of Medicine, Delta Sigma Theta, Inc. and many more.
- Assessment of commonly available education materials in heart failure clinics.
- Taylor-Clarke K, Henry-Okafor Q, Murphy C, Keyes M, Rothman R, Churchwell A, Mensah GA, Sawyer D, Sampson UK J Cardiovasc Nurs 2012 Nov-Dec 27 6 485-94
Honors & Awards
- Cardiologist-in-Training Representative to the Board of Directors
Association of Black Cardiologists, Inc. (2010-2012)
- The Dr. Jay Brown Memorial Cardiologist-in-Training Abstract Award
Association of Black Cardiologist, Inc. Annual Scientific Session, Atlanta, GA (2010)
- The Gabriel F. and Harriet B. Lefebvre Endowed Memorial Scholarship
Meharry Medical College, Nashville, TN (2003)
- American College of Cardiology (2008)
- American Heart Association (2008)
- Association of Black Cardiologists (2003)
- National Medical Association (2000)