Sara Hennessy, M.D.
You have reached the Academic Profile.
For more information on the doctor and patient care, please visit the clinical profile.View Clinical Profile
Sara Hennessy, M.D., FACS, is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Surgery at UT Southwestern Medical Center and Director of the Surgical Intensive Care Unit at William P. Clements Jr. University Hospital. She specializes in minimally invasive general surgery and bariatric surgery.
Dr. Hennessy earned her medical degree and performed her residency in surgery at the University of Virginia, where she then received advanced training through fellowships in surgical critical care and minimally invasive and bariatric surgery.
Dr. Hennessy’s research interests include clinical outcomes in surgery critical care and bariatric surgery. She has a special interest in the prevention and treatment of surgical infections.
- Medical School
- University of Virginia School of Medicine (2006)
- University of Virginia (2010)
- University of Virginia - Surgery Department (2013)
- University of Virginia - Surgery Department (2014), Surgical Critical Care
- University of Virginia - Surgery Department (2015), Minimally Invasive Surgery