Originally from Burma, Myanmar, Dr. Oo earned her medical degree from the Institute of Medicine I in Yangon, Myanmar. She received internal medicine residency training at St. Barnabas Hospital in The Bronx, New York, followed by advanced training through a fellowship in Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Metabolism at SUNY Downstate Medical Center in Brooklyn, New York.
Certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine in endocrinology, diabetes, and metabolism, Dr. Oo joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2015.
Dr. Oo has experience working with patients in different clinical settings who have varied severity of diabetes. She is currently a staff endocrinologist at the North Texas VA Health Care System in Dallas.
Outside of medicine, Dr. Oo enjoys traveling, cooking, reading, and listening to music.
- Gestational Diabetes Mellitus
- Graves Disease and autoimmunity
- Remission in newly diagnosed Diabetes Mellitus
- Thyroid Cancer
- Pheochromocytoma: A review.
- Tsirlin A, Oo Y, Sharma R, Kansara A, Gliwa A, Banerji MA Maturitas 2014 Mar 77 3 229-238
- Delayed presentation of thyroid storm after radioactive iodine therapy
- Oo Y, Winer N Gazzetta Medica Italiana Archivio 2014 173(6) 365-8
- Extreme insulin resistance in a patient with diabetes ketoacidosis and acute myocardial infarction.
- Oo YH, Karam JG, Resta CA Case Rep Endocrinol 2013 2013 520904
- American Association of Clinical Endocrinologist (2011)
- Endocrine Society (2012)