Dr. Clark received his undergraduate training with a focus in Organic Chemistry at Brown University. After working in basic science and clinical research, he attended medical school and graduate school at the Miller School of Medicine at the University of Miami in Florida. He then completed his residency in Internal Medicine at Kaiser Permanente Los Angeles Medical Center and subsequently stayed on as the Chief Resident in Internal Medicine. Dr. Clark joined the General Internal Medicine faculty at UT Southwestern in July 2015. His clinical interests include preventive medicine, nonsurgical weight management, and medical care of patients following bariatric surgery. His academic interests include population health, quality improvement and and clinical informatics.
- Medical School
- University of Miami Miller School of Medicine (2011)
- Kaiser Permanente Southern California (2014), Internal Medicine
- Chief Resident
- Kaiser Permanente Southern California (2015), Internal Medicine
- Preventive Medicine
- Public Health
- Quality Improvement
- Pharmacotherapies for Post-Bariatric Weight Regain: Real-World Comparative Outcomes.
- Gazda CL, Clark JD, Lingvay I, Almandoz JP, Obesity (Silver Spring) 2021 May 29 5 829-836
- SNOMED CT Concept Hierarchies for Sharing Definitions of Clinical Conditions Using Electronic Health Record Data.
- Willett DL, Kannan V, Chu L, Buchanan JR, Velasco FT, Clark JD, Fish JS, Ortuzar AR, Youngblood JE, Bhat DG, Basit MA Appl Clin Inform 2018 Jul 9 3 667-682
- Exposure to polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons and serum inflammatory markers of cardiovascular disease.
- Clark JD, Serdar B, Lee DJ, Arheart K, Wilkinson JD, Fleming LE Environ. Res. 2012 Aug 117 132-7
- Utilization of the National Health and Nutrition Examination (NHANES) Survey for Symptoms, Tests, and Diagnosis of Chronic Respiratory Diseases and Assessment of Second hand Smoke Exposure.
- Koru-Sengul T, Clark JD, Ocasio MA, Wanner A, Fleming LE, Lee DJ Epidemiology (Sunnyvale) 2011 Oct 1 2
- Cardiovascular fitness levels among American workers.
- Lewis JE, Clark JD, LeBlanc WG, Fleming LE, Cabán-Martinez AJ, Arheart KL, Tannenbaum SL, Ocasio MA, Davila EP, Kachan D, McCollister K, Dietz N, Bandiera FC, Clarke TC, Lee DJ J. Occup. Environ. Med. 2011 Oct 53 10 1115-21
- Toward improved statistical methods for analyzing Cotinine-Biomarker health association data.
- Koru-Sengul T, Clark JD, Fleming LE, Lee DJ Tob Induc Dis 2011 9 1 11
- Earlier age at menopause, work, and tobacco smoke exposure.
- Fleming LE, Levis S, LeBlanc WG, Dietz NA, Arheart KL, Wilkinson JD, Clark J, Serdar B, Davila EP, Lee DJ Menopause 2008 Nov-Dec 15 6 1103-8
- Inflammatory markers and secondhand tobacco smoke exposure among U.S. workers.
- Clark JD, Wilkinson JD, LeBlanc WG, Dietz NA, Arheart KL, Fleming LE, Lee DJ Am. J. Ind. Med. 2008 Aug 51 8 626-32
- Declining trends in serum cotinine levels in US worker groups: the power of policy.
- Arheart KL, Lee DJ, Dietz NA, Wilkinson JD, Clark JD, LeBlanc WG, Serdar B, Fleming LE J. Occup. Environ. Med. 2008 Jan 50 1 57-63
- Accuracy of intraoperative imprint cytology for sentinel lymph node evaluation in the treatment of breast carcinoma.
- Cox C, Centeno B, Dickson D, Clark J, Nicosia S, Dupont E, Greenberg H, Stowell N, White L, Patel J, Furman B, Cantor A, Hakam A, Ahmad N, Diaz N, King J Cancer 2005 Feb 105 1 13-20
- Amerian College of Epidemiology (2011)
- Delta Omega Honorary Society in Public Health (2011)
- American College of Preventive Medicine (2010)
- American Public Health Association (2010)