Nimesh S. Patel, MD is a faculty member in the Department of Internal Medicine’s Division of Cardiology at UT Southwestern Medical Center. He joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2020.
Dr. Patel holds a Bachelors in Science in biomedical engineering from Boston University. He earned his medical degree at Boston University. He trained in internal medicine at the University of California Los Angeles Medical Center, where he was a Chief Resident during his final year. He completed his general cardiology and clinical cardiac electrophysiology fellowships at UT Southwestern.
In addition to clinical practice and direct patient care, Dr. Patel is engaged in clinical research and education and training of fellows, residents, and medical students.
In his free time, Dr. Patel enjoys traveling and dining out with his wife and son.
- Medical School
- Boston University School of Medicine (2011)
- UCLA School of Medicine (2012), Internal Medicine
- UCLA School of Medicine (2014), Internal Medicine
- Chief Resident
- UCLA School of Medicine (2015), Internal Medicine
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2018), Cardiovascular Disease
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2020), Cardiac Electrophysiology
- Atrial Arrhythmias in Lung Transplant Recipients
- Physiologic Cardiac Pacing
- Preexcited Atrial Fibrillation after a Blood Draw.
- McNamara DA, Patel N, N. Engl. J. Med. 2020 Mar 382 13 e22
- Clinical Implications of Serum Biomarkers of Cardiac Stress in Aortic Stenosis.
- Patel N, Kumbhani DJ Curr Heart Fail Rep 2018 Jul
- Cerebellar stroke presenting with isolated dizziness: Brain MRI in 136 patients.
- Perloff MD, Patel NS, Kase CS, Oza AU, Voetsch B, Romero JR, Am J Emerg Med 2017 Nov 35 11 1724-1729
Diagnosis and Treatment of Unstable Supraventricular Trachycardia. In Cardiac Intensive Care, 3rd ed.
Patel N, Link MS (2019). Philadelphia, PA, Elsevier
Ablation therapy and implantable device based approaches for supraventricular arrhythmias. In Emerging Technologies for Heart Diseases
Patel N, Links MS (2020). London, UK, Academic Press
Honors & Awards
- Outstanding Resident Teacher
University of California, Los Angeles (2014)
- Alpha Omega Alpha
Medical Honor Society (2011)
- Phi Beta Kappa
Honor Society (2007)
- Heart Rhythm Society (2017)
- American College of Cardiology (2015)
- American Heart Association (2015)