Jaclyn Albin, M.D.
Department Pediatrics | Internal Medicine
You have reached the Academic Profile.
For more information on the doctor and patient care, please visit the clinical profile.View Clinical Profile
Dr. Jaclyn Albin treats patients of all ages and trained in Combined Internal Medicine and Pediatrics at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, Texas. She joined the Departments of Pediatrics and Internal Medicine at UTSW in 2014 where she practices primary care in the Combined Internal Medicine/Pediatrics Clinic at UTSW. Dr. Albin serves as the Associate Program Director for the Internal Medicine/Pediatrics (Med/Peds) Residency Program and loves teaching about health promotion across the lifespan.
She is passionate about nutrition, lifestyle, and other environmental influences on health, and she teaches her patients and students to prioritize these areas. In 2017, Dr. Albin launched UTSW’s Culinary Medicine Program and serves as the Director, working to teach nutrition through hands-on cooking classes to medical students, residents, healthcare professionals, and the community. Dr. Albin loves blending her passion for nutrition and wellness with growing a garden, cooking, traveling, and spending time with her husband and children.
- Medical School
- George Washington University School of Medicine (2009)
- Baylor College of Medicine (2013), Internal Medicine & Pediatrics
- Chief Resident
- Baylor College of Medicine (2014), Pediatrics
- Adult health outcomes of adverse childhood experiences (toxic stress and trauma exposure)
- Culinary medicine
- Undergraduate and graduate medical education, especially Nutrition, Lifestyle, and Environmental Health
- Culinary Medicine as Innovative Nutrition Education for Medical Students: A Scoping Review.
- Newman C, Yan J, Messiah SE, Albin J, Acad Med 2022 Aug
- Empowering learners to provide dietary counselling.
- Jain S, Higashi RT, Bonnema R, Albin J, Clin Teach 2022 Sep e13521
- Living Kidney Donation, Obesity, and Dietary Change: Investing in those who give the "gift of life".
- Levea SL, Albin JL, J Ren Nutr 2022 Mar
- Nutrition from the kitchen: culinary medicine impacts students' counseling confidence.
- Magallanes E, Sen A, Siler M, Albin J, BMC Med Educ 2021 Feb 21 1 88
- Food as Medicine: A Pilot Nutrition and Cooking Curriculum for Children of Participants in a Community-Based Culinary Medicine Class.
- Marshall H, Albin J, Matern Child Health J 2021 Jan 25 1 54-58
Honors & Awards
- Alpha Omega Alpha (AOA), Gamma Chapter
Elected faculty member nominee of the UTSW class of 2019 (2018)
- David C. Leach Award
American College of Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) (2016)
- Academic Pediatric Association (2018)
- MedPeds Program Directors Association (2015)
- American Academy of Pediatrics (2009)
- American College of Physicians (2009)
- Texas Pediatric Society (2009)