Dr. Román obtained her medical degree from the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health. She completed her pediatric residency and chief residency at the UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital in Oakland, California. Prior to joining UT Southwestern, she spent six years as an attending pediatrician at a federally qualified health center in San Jose, California, with a faculty appointment at the Stanford University School of Medicine.
Dr. Román is the Ambulatory Medical Director of the Rees-Jones Center for Foster Care Excellence at Children’s Medical Center and the Co-Director for the Ambulatory Care Clerkship at UT Southwestern Medical School. She is fluent in both English and Spanish.
- Medical School
- University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health (2004)
- UC San Francisco/Children's Hospital & Research Center at Oakland (2005), Pediatrics
- UC San Francisco/Children's Hospital and Research Center at Oakland (2007), Pediatrics
- Chief Resident
- UC San Francisco/Children's Hospital & Research Center at Oakland (2008), Pediatrics
- Quality primary care for foster and other at-risk children
- Resident and medical student education
- Urinary Imaging Findings in Young Infants With Bacteremic Urinary Tract Infection.
- Chang PW, Abidari JM, Shen MW, Greenhow TL, Bendel-Stenzel M, Roman HK, Biondi EA, Schroeder AR Hosp Pediatr 2016 Oct
- Bacteraemic urinary tract infection: management and outcomes in young infants.
- Schroeder AR, Shen MW, Biondi EA, Bendel-Stenzel M, Chen CN, French J, Lee V, Evans RC, Jerardi KE, Mischler M, Wood KE, Chang PW, Roman HK, Greenhow TL Arch. Dis. Child. 2015 Jul
- Diagnosis and management of bacteremic urinary tract infection in infants.
- Roman HK, Chang PW, Schroeder AR Hosp Pediatr 2015 Jan 5 1 1-8
- Legislative advocacy: evaluation of a grand rounds intervention for pediatricians.
- Bensen R, Roman H, Bersamin M, Lu Y, Horwitz S, Chamberlain LJ Acad Pediatr 2014 Mar-Apr 14 2 181-5
Honors & Awards
- Alpha Omega Alpha (AOA), Faculty Member
UT Southwestern Gamma Chapter (2018)
- Children's Health Dallas Ambulatory Provider of the Month
- Outstanding Service Award
American Academy of Pediatrics, California Chapter 1 (2014)
- Kerry Spooner-Dean Award, UCSF Benioff Children's Hospital Oakland
Outstanding commitment to advocacy and community outreach (2007)
- Dr. H. James Sallach Scholarship, University of Wisconsin Medical School
Outstanding 3rd year student with career interest in primary care (2003)
- Texas Pediatric Society (2015)
- AAP Council on Communications and Media (2012)
- American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) (2003)