Nilum Rajora, M.D.
Department Internal Medicine
You have reached the Academic Profile.
For more information on the doctor and patient care, please visit the clinical profile.View Clinical Profile
Nilum Rajora, M.D., is a Professor in the Department of Internal Medicine at UT Southwestern Medical Center and a member of the Division of Nephrology.
Dr. Rajora earned her medical degree, completed internal medicine residency training, and a fellowship in nephrology at UT Southwestern Medical Center.
Certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine in nephrology, Dr. Rajora joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2007.
Dr. Rajora is a specialist in kidney transplant medicine and serves as Medical Director for the DaVita/UT Southwestern Dallas East dialysis unit, the William P. Clements Jr. University Hospital dialysis unit, and Zale Lipshy University Hospital’s acute dialysis unit.
She is a member of the American Society of Nephrology and the International Society of Nephrology (ISN), as well as an ISN Educational Ambassador, a position that allows her to collaborate on research, teaching, and clinical projects with Delta State University Teaching Hospital in Nigeria. She also assists UT Southwestern Medical School with medical students’ global health rotations in India.
- Medical School
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2000)
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2003), Internal Medicine
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2005), Nephrology
- Living Kidney Transplantation: A Review of Donor Evaluation, Risks and Outcome.
- Okoye O.C. and Rajora N. Tropical Journal of Nephrology 2016 Vol. 11, No. 1: 17-30
- A Case of Alport Syndrome with Posttransplant Antiglomerular Basement Membrane Disease despite Negative Antiglomerular Basement Membrane Antibodies by EIA Treated with Plasmapheresis and Intravenous Immunoglobulin.
- Armstead SI, Hellmark T, Wieslander J, Zhou XJ, Saxena R, Rajora N Case Rep Transplant 2013 2013 164016
- Prevalence and risk factors of intra-dialytic hypotension: a 5 year retrospective report from a single Nigerian Centre.
- Okoye OC, Slater HE, Rajora N Pan Afr Med J 2017 28 62
- Screening for chronic kidney disease and its risk factors in Oghara, Nigeria: a World Kidney Day 2014 report
- Ogochukwu C. Okoye, Henry Ovwasa, Anthony G. Kweki, Isoken Idenigbe, Nyemike Awunor, Ayo B. Odonmeta, Nilum Rajora Highland Med Res J 2017 17 (1): 6-10
- Acute kidney injury from Paraquat poisoning: a case report.
- H. E. Slater, O.C.A. Okoye, O. Okperi, N. Rajora Ann Biomed Sci 2017 16 (2); 10-13
- Screening for risk factors of kidney disease in a rural population in delta state, Nigeria: a world kidney day 2012 study
- O.C. Okoye, I Idenigbe, A.B. Odonmeta, O.G. Edema, N Rajora Ann Biomed Sci 2017 16 (1); 42-51
- Acute Rejection Rates and Graft Outcomes According to Induction Regimen among Recipients of Kidneys from Deceased Donors Treated with Tacrolimus and Mycophenolate.
- Tanriover B, Jaikaransingh V, MacConmara MP, Parekh JR, Levea SL, Ariyamuthu VK, Zhang S, Gao A, Ayvaci MU, Sandikci B, Rajora N, Ahmed V, Lu CY, Mohan S, Vazquez MA Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 2016 Jun
- Characteristics and Outcomes of Renal Transplant Recipients with Hemolytic Uremic Syndrome in the United States.
- Tanriover B, Lakhia R, Shen YM, Sandikci B, Saxena R, MacConmara M, Soyombo AA, Rajora N, Hardy MA Transplant Direct 2015 Nov 1 10
- Induction Therapies in Live Donor Kidney Transplantation on Tacrolimus and Mycophenolate With or Without Steroid Maintenance.
- Tanriover B, Zhang S, MacConmara M, Gao A, Sandikci B, Ayvaci MU, Mete M, Tsapepas D, Rajora N, Mohan P, Lakhia R, Lu CY, Vazquez M Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 2015 Jun 10 6 1041-9
- Frequency, Patterns and Outcome of Lupus nephritis in a Southern Nigerian Tertiary Hospital
- Okoye OC, John R, Benson A, Rajora N NRJCS 2015 5 (1): 70-75
Hematuria: Diagnosis and Management. In Hematuria: Etiology, Management and Long-Term Prognosis
Nilum Rajora and Ramesh Saxena (2014). Nova Science Publishers, Inc.
Major Nonglomerular Disorders of the Kidney.. In Andreoli & Carpenter's Cecil Essentials of Medicine, 9th ed.
Rajora N, Shastri S, Saxena R. (2015). Philadelphia PA, USA, Elsevier-Saunders
Infection-related Glomerulonephritis, membranoproliferative pattern of glomerulonephritis, and Nephritic Syndrome. In Silva's Diagnostic Renal Pathology, 2nd Edition
Xin J. Zhou, Michael Kuperman, Nilum Rajora, Ramesh Saxena (2015). Cambridge University Press