Wenxin Zheng, M.D., Tenured Professor of Pathology, Obstetrics and Gynecology, American board certified pathologist, graduated from Shanghai Medical College Fudan University and trained at Columbia University, Cornell University, and Brown University Medical Centers in anatomic pathology and gynecologic pathology, Selected by US News and World Report in 2013 as one of America's top pathologists, Dr. Zheng is an internationally recognized gynecologic pathologist with outstanding expertise in every aspect of gynecologic pathology. Dr. Zheng’s main research contributions include endometrial serous carcinogenesis and precancerous lesion endometrial glandular dysplasia, cell origin of low-grade ovarian serous carcinoma, hormonal etiology of ovarian epithelial cancers, and tubal contribution of ovarian endometriosis and its associated ovarian cancers. In addition to these, Dr. Zheng has created a novel approach called "One Stop Cervical Care (OSCC)" to diagnose and treat cervical precancers.
- Medical School
- Shanghai Medical College of Fudan University (1982)
- Hospital of Obstetrics and Gynecology (1983), Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Hospital of Obstetrics and Gynecology (1986), Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Columbia University Medical Center (1989), Molecular Reproduction
- Cornell New York Presbyterian Hospital (1995), Pathology
- Brown University Woman & Infant Hospital (1996), Gynecologic Pathology
- Biomarkers to aid the diagnosis of gynecologic cancers
- Cervical cancer: suitable model of cervical cancer screening, effective intervention, and prevention in developing countries.
- Endometrial serous carcinoma: carcinogenesis, early detection and prevention
- Ovarian cancer early detection and prevention
- Tubal origin of ovarian endometriosis and its related cancer development
- Tubal secretory cell biology
- Personal history of breast cancer as a significant risk factor for endometrial serous carcinoma in women aged 55 years old or younger.
- Liang SX, Pearl M, Liang S, Xiang L, Jia L, Yang B, Fadare O, Schwartz PE, Chambers SK, Kong B, Zheng W Int. J. Cancer 2011 Feb 128 4 763-70
- A proposed model for endometrial serous carcinogenesis.
- Zheng W, Xiang L, Fadare O, Kong B Am. J. Surg. Pathol. 2011 Jan 35 1 e1-e14
- High levels of Nrf2 determine chemoresistance in type II endometrial cancer.
- Jiang T, Chen N, Zhao F, Wang XJ, Kong B, Zheng W, Zhang DD Cancer Res. 2010 Jul 70 13 5486-96
- Molecular identification of "latent precancers" for endometrial serous carcinoma in benign-appearing endometrium.
- Zhang X, Liang SX, Jia L, Chen N, Fadare O, Schwartz PE, Kong B, Zheng W Am. J. Pathol. 2009 Jun 174 6 2000-6
Many chapters as leading or co-authors. In Gynecologic and Obstetrics Pathology
Wenxin Zheng et al., (Ed.) (2013). Beijing,China, Science Press