Wenxin Zheng, M.D., Tenured Professor of Pathology, Obstetrics and Gynecology, American board certified pathologist, graduated from Shanghai Medical College Fudan University and trained at Columbia University, Cornell University, and Brown University Medical Centers in anatomic pathology and gynecologic pathology, Selected by US News and World Report in 2013 as one of America's top pathologists, Dr. Zheng is an internationally recognized gynecologic pathologist with outstanding expertise in every aspect of gynecologic pathology. Dr. Zheng’s main research contributions include endometrial serous carcinogenesis and precancerous lesion endometrial glandular dysplasia, cell origin of low-grade ovarian serous carcinoma, hormonal etiology of ovarian epithelial cancers, and tubal contribution of ovarian endometriosis and its associated ovarian cancers. In addition to these, Dr. Zheng has created a novel approach called "One Stop Cervical Care (OSCC)" to diagnose and treat cervical precancers.
- Medical School
- Shanghai Medical College of Fudan University (1982)
- Hospital of Obstetrics and Gynecology (1983), Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Hospital of Obstetrics and Gynecology (1986), Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Columbia University Medical Center (1989), Molecular Reproduction
- Cornell New York Presbyterian Hospital (1995), Pathology
- Brown University Woman & Infant Hospital (1996), Gynecologic Pathology
- Biomarkers to aid the diagnosis of gynecologic cancers
- Cervical cancer: suitable model of cervical cancer screening, effective intervention, and prevention in developing countries.
- Endometrial serous carcinoma: carcinogenesis, early detection and prevention
- Ovarian cancer early detection and prevention
- Tubal origin of ovarian endometriosis and its related cancer development
- Tubal secretory cell biology
- Targeted Molecular and Immunohistochemical Analyses of Endometrial Clear Cell Carcinoma Show that POLE Mutations and DNA Mismatch Repair Protein Deficiencies are Uncommon.
- Baniak N, Fadare O, Köbel M, DeCoteau J, Parkash V, Hecht JL, Hanley KZ, Gwin K, Zheng W, Quick CM, Jarboe EA, Liang SX, Kinloch M Am. J. Surg. Pathol. 2018 Dec
- Estrogen affects the negative feedback loop of PTENP1-miR200c to inhibit PTEN expression in the development of endometrioid endometrial carcinoma.
- Chen R, Zhang M, Liu W, Chen H, Cai T, Xiong H, Sheng X, Liu S, Peng J, Wang F, Chen H, Lin W, Xu X, Zheng W, Jiang Q Cell Death Dis 2018 Dec 10 1 4
- Mismatch Repair Protein Expression in Endometrioid Intraepithelial Neoplasia/Atypical Hyperplasia: Should We Screen for Lynch Syndrome in Precancerous Lesions?
- Lucas E, Chen H, Molberg K, Castrillon DH, Rivera Colon G, Li L, Hinson S, Thibodeaux J, Lea J, Miller DS, Zheng W Int. J. Gynecol. Pathol. 2018 Oct
- Metformin sensitizes endometrial cancer cells to chemotherapy through IDH1-induced Nrf2 expression via an epigenetic mechanism.
- Bai M, Yang L, Liao H, Liang X, Xie B, Xiong J, Tao X, Chen X, Cheng Y, Chen X, Feng Y, Zhang Z, Zheng W Oncogene 2018 Jun
- Superficially invasive cervical squamous cell carcinoma metastatic to ovarian endometriotic cyst wall, a case report and brief review of the literature.
- Zhang M, Lucas E, Xiong H, Liu S, Molberg K, Jiang Q, Zheng W J Ovarian Res 2018 May 11 1 44
- Combination of TP53 and AGR3 to distinguish ovarian high-grade serous carcinoma from low-grade serous carcinoma.
- Qiu C, Wang Y, Wang X, Zhang Q, Li Y, Xu Y, Jin C, Bu H, Zheng W, Yang X, Lu N, Kong B Int. J. Oncol. 2018 Apr
- Primary Ovarian Pregnancy: A Case Series and Analysis.
- Wang Y, Chen H, Zhao M, Fadare O, Zheng W Int. J. Gynecol. Pathol. 2018 Jan
- Female adnexal tumor of probable Wolffian origin (FATWO)
- Elena Lucas and Wenxin Zheng Pathology Outlines 2018
- Clear Cell Renal Cell Carcinoma Metastatic to the Gynecologic Tract: A Clinicopathologic Analysis of 17 Cases.
- Fadare O, Desouki MM, Gwin K, Hanley KZ, Jarboe EA, Liang SX, Quick CM, Rawish KR, Roma AA, Zheng W, Hecht JL, Parkash V, Osunkoya AO Int. J. Gynecol. Pathol. 2017 Nov
- The Significance of L1CAM Expression in Clear Cell Carcinoma of the Endometrium.
- Fadare O, Roma AA, Desouki MM, Gwin K, Hanley KZ, Jarboe EA, Liang SX, Quick CM, Zheng W, Hecht JL, Parkash V, Wang XJ Histopathology 2017 Sep
Many chapters as leading or co-authors. In Gynecologic and Obstetrics Pathology
Wenxin Zheng et al., (Ed.) (2013). Beijing,China, Science Press