Amy L. McIntosh, M.D., is a staff orthopaedist at Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children. In 1996, Dr. McIntosh graduated Summa Cum Laude from Central Michigan University with a Bachelor of Science degree in Sports Medicine. She received her medical degree from the College of Human Medicine at Michigan State University in 2001. In 2006, she completed her orthopaedic surgery residency at the Mayo School of Graduate Medical Education, College of Medicine. Dr. McIntosh is currently an Associate Professor of Orthopaedics at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center in Dallas. Dr. McIntosh is a fellow with the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons and also an active member of the Pediatric Orthopaedic Society of North America. Dr. McIntosh has received numerous honors and awards. Her clinical and research interests are focused on scoliosis, with emphasis on adolescent idiopathic scoliosis and early onset scoliosis.
- Medical School
- Michigan State University (2001)
- Mayo Clinic (2006), Orthopedic Surgery
- Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children (2007), Pediatric Orthopaedic Surgery
- The evolving stall rate of magnetically controlled growing rods beyond 2 years follow-up.
- Shaw KA, Bassett P, Ramo BA, McClung A, Thornberg D, Jamnik A, Jo CH, Johnston CE, McIntosh AL, Spine Deform 2022 Nov 1-7
- Diagnosing and treating leprosy in a non-endemic setting in a national centre, London, United Kingdom 1995-2018.
- Lockwood DN, McIntosh A, Armstrong M, Checkley AM, Walker SL, McBride A, PLoS Negl Trop Dis 2022 Oct 16 10 e0010799
- Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis for Pediatric Providers.
- Zale CL, McIntosh AL, Pediatr Ann 2022 Sep 51 9 e364-e369
- Vocal cord dysfunction after pediatric cardiac surgery: A prospective implementation study.
- Kenny L, McIntosh A, Jardine K, Suna J, Versluis K, Slee N, Lloyd G, Justo R, Merlo G, Wilson M, Reddan T, Powell J, Venugopal P, Betts K, Alphonso N, JTCVS Open 2022 Sep 11 398-411
- Implementation of a novel vocal cord dysfunction management pathway using the consolidated framework for implementation research.
- Merlo G, Suna JM, McIntosh A, Jardine K, Kenny L, Orchard J, Wilson M, Alphonso N, Cardiol Young 2022 May 32 5 775-781
- Prioritizing Elective Surgical Cases During a Pandemic or Global Crisis: The Elective-Pediatric Orthopedic Surgical Timing (E-POST) Score.
- Truong WH, Ramo B, Birch C, Dodwell E, Johnson M, Lebel DE, McIntosh A, Miller D, Snyder A, Sturm P, Guillaume T, J Pediatr Orthop 2022 Feb
- Lack of in-brace x-rays in compliant AIS patients wearing full-time TLSO braces associates with failure.
- Alvarez I, Poppino K, Karol L, McIntosh AL, J Orthop Surg Res 2021 Aug 16 1 540
- Effect of COVID-19 lockdown on hospital admissions and mortality in rural KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa: interrupted time series analysis.
- McIntosh A, Bachmann M, Siedner MJ, Gareta D, Seeley J, Herbst K, BMJ Open 2021 Mar 11 3 e047961
- Pediatric Radial Neck Fractures: Which Ones Can Be Successfully Closed Reduced in the Emergency Department?
- Kong J, Lewallen L, Elliott M, Jo C, McIntosh AL, Ho CA, J Pediatr Orthop 2021 Jan 41 1 17-22
- Dexamethasone Administration Decreases Opioid Usage After Posterior Spinal Fusion in Patients with Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis: Commentary on article by Nicholas D. Fletcher, MD, et al.: "Postoperative Dexamethasone Following Posterior Spinal Fusion for Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis".
- McIntosh AL, J Bone Joint Surg Am 2020 10 102 20 e120
Honors & Awards
- 2015 POSNA / APPOS Traveling Fellowship
- 2017 POSNA / Medtronic Spine Research Grant
- Mid-America Orthopaedic Association E.W. Johnson, Jr. Award
- POSNA / Peter Armstrong Best QVSI Award
- Texas Hospital Association Bill Aston Quality Improvement Award
- Women who STEAM Award
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (2001)
- American Orthopaedic Association/Orhtopaedic Research and Education Foundation
- Mid-America Orthopaedic association (2001)
- Minnesota Medical Association
- Pediatric Orthopaedic Society of North America (2006)
- Ruth Jackson Orthopaedic Society (2003)