Amy L. McIntosh, M.D., is a staff orthopaedist at Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children. In 1996, Dr. McIntosh graduated Summa Cum Laude from Central Michigan University with a Bachelor of Science degree in Sports Medicine. She received her medical degree from the College of Human Medicine at Michigan State University in 2001. In 2006, she completed her orthopaedic surgery residency at the Mayo School of Graduate Medical Education, College of Medicine. Dr. McIntosh is currently an Associate Professor of Orthopaedics at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center in Dallas. Dr. McIntosh is a fellow with the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons and also an active member of the Pediatric Orthopaedic Society of North America. Dr. McIntosh has received numerous honors and awards. Her clinical and research interests are focused on scoliosis, with emphasis on adolescent idiopathic scoliosis and early onset scoliosis.
- Medical School
- Michigan State University (2001)
- Mayo Clinic (2006), Orthopedic Surgery
- Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children (2007), Pediatric Orthopaedic Surgery
- Patients' Perceptions of Breast Asymmetry Improve After Spinal Fusion for Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis.
- Duri R, Brown K, Johnson M, McIntosh A, Spine Deform 2019 01 7 1 80-83
- Posterior Vertebral Endplate Fractures: A Retrospective Study on a Rare Etiology of Back Pain in Youth and Young Adults.
- Conlee EM, Driscoll SW, Coleman Wood KA, McIntosh AL, Dekutoski ML, Brandenburg JE PM R 2018 Oct
- A multi-ethnic meta-analysis confirms the association of rs6570507 with adolescent idiopathic scoliosis.
- Kou I, Watanabe K, Takahashi Y, Momozawa Y, Khanshour A, Grauers A, Zhou H, Liu G, Fan YH, Takeda K, Ogura Y, Zhou T, Iwasaki Y, Kubo M, Wu Z, Matsumoto M, Einarsdottir E, Kere J, Huang D, Qiu G, Qiu Y, Wise CA, Song YQ, Wu N, Su P, Gerdhem P, Ikegawa S Sci Rep 2018 Aug 8 1 11575
- Pediatric Pelvic Ring Injuries.
- Lewallen LW, McIntosh AL, Sems SA Orthopedics 2018 Aug 1-4
- An international meta-analysis confirms the association of BNC2 with adolescent idiopathic scoliosis.
- Ogura Y, Takeda K, Kou I, Khanshour A, Grauers A, Zhou H, Liu G, Fan YH, Zhou T, Wu Z, Takahashi Y, Matsumoto M, Einarsdottir E, Kere J, Huang D, Qiu G, Xu L, Qiu Y, Wise CA, Song YQ, Wu N, Su P, Gerdhem P, Watanabe K, Ikegawa S Sci Rep 2018 Mar 8 1 4730
- Treatment of Pediatric Osteoid Osteomas Not Amenable to Radiofrequency Ablation: A Retrospective Review of Surgical Outcomes.
- Sanders T, Wenger DE, Ashraf A, McIntosh AL, Stans AA, Shaughnessy WJ, van Wijnen AJ, Larson AN J Surg Orthop Adv 2018 27 4 299-302
- Peri-operative complications in pediatric and adolescent shoulder arthroscopy.
- Edmonds EW, Lewallen LW, Murphy M, Dahm D, McIntosh AL J Child Orthop 2014 Jun
- Functional outcomes and quality of life following surgical treatment of aneurysmal bone cysts of the pelvis in children.
- Novais EN, Zimmerman AK, Lewallen LW, Rose PS, Sim FH, McIntosh AL J Child Orthop 2014 May 8 3 281-8
- Clinical outcome of internal fixation of unstable juvenile osteochondritis dissecans lesions of the knee.
- Webb JE, Lewallen LW, Christophersen C, Krych AJ, McIntosh AL Orthopedics 2013 Nov 36 11 e1444-9
Honors & Awards
- 2015 POSNA / APPOS Traveling Fellowship
- 2017 POSNA / Medtronic Spine Research Grant
- Mid-America Orthopaedic Association E.W. Johnson, Jr. Award
- POSNA / Peter Armstrong Best QVSI Award
- Texas Hospital Association Bill Aston Quality Improvement Award
- Women who STEAM Award
- Pediatric Orthopaedic Society of North America (2006)
- Ruth Jackson Orthopaedic Society (2003)
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (2001)
- Mid-America Orthopaedic association (2001)
- American Orthopaedic Association/Orhtopaedic Research and Education Foundation
- Minnesota Medical Association