Dr. Syeda Jaffery is originally from Pakistan and received her initial medical training at the Fatima Jinnah Medical Scool in Lahore, Pakistan. She did her Internal Medicine internship and residency with he University of Connecticut. Dr. Jaffery have been practicing medicine since 2004, the last eight years as Assistant Professor of Medicine in the Division of Hospital Medicine at the University of Miami Hospital, and five years as the Medical Director at University of Miami Hospital. She was engaged in many hospital committees to improve the quality of care for hospitalized patients. She played a significant role in the training of medical students and residents and was awarded a best teacher award. Dr. Jaffery brings to UTSW a strong background in hospital medicine, and medical education. Her clinical pracitice specializes in the care of hospitalized patients, with a emphasis on patient cemtered care. Dr. Jaffery's interests outside of medicine include her family, fashion design, and travel.
- Medical School
- Fatima Jinnah Medical University, Pakistan (1994)
- University of Connecticut Health Center (2001), Internal Medicine
- Graduate School
- University of Connecticut (2003)
- University of Connecticut Health Center (2003), Occupational & Environmental Medicine
- Co-Management of Hospitalist Services
- Improving Quality of Patient Discharge Processes
- Patient Satisfaction
- Rewriting History: Fever of Unknown Origin.
- Bordelon JR, Abbas SU, Shabbir AQ, Ross AL Am. J. Med. 2015 Sep 128 9 956-8
- Society of Hospital Medicine (2016)
- American College of Physicians (2013)