Dr. Golla is originally from India and trained at Kasturba Medical College, Manipal. Upon completion, she came to the U.S.A. to be with her husband. She initially volunteered as a clinical research assistant at Beth Israel Medical Center in Manhattan in gastroenterology and was a co-author on several abstracts. She completed her residency in Internal Medicine at the University Health Science Center, SUNY Downstate in Brooklyn, NY. She brings to UTSW a passion to be an advocate for the patient and to help educate the patient on medication compliance and understanding the disease process. Outside of medicine Dr.Golla is interested in Indian music, dance, cooking, and spending time with her family.
- Utilization of platelet count spleen diameter ratio in predicting the presence of esophageal varices in patients with cirrhosis.
- Schwarzenberger E, Meyer T, Golla V, Sahdala NP, Min AD J. Clin. Gastroenterol. 2010 Feb 44 2 146-50
- Serrated adenoma is a risk factor for subsequent adenomatous polyps.
- Glazer E, Golla V, Forman R, Zhu H, Levi G, Bodenheimer HC Dig. Dis. Sci. 2008 Aug 53 8 2204-7
Honors & Awards
- Vice President, Intern's Association
Kasturba Medical College, Manipal, India (2000-2001)
- American College of Physicians (2013)
- Dallas County Medical Society (2013)
- Society of Hospital Medicine (2013)
- Texas Medical Association (2013)