Libay Woldeyes, M.D.
Department Internal Medicine
You have reached the Academic Profile.
For more information on the doctor and patient care, please visit the clinical profile.View Clinical Profile
Libay Woldeyes, M.D., is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Internal Medicine at UT Southwestern Medical Center and a member of the Division of Hospital Medicine.
Originally from Ethiopia, Dr. Woldeyes earned his medical degree at Gondar College of Medical Sciences. He completed internal medicine residency training at Georgetown University.
Dr. Woldeyes joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2014.
Dr. Woldeyes is a Fellow of the American College of Physicians.
Outside of work, Dr. Woldeyes enjoys spending time with his family, reading, following sports, playing ping pong table tennis.
- Medical School
- Gondor College of Medical Sciences (1997)
- Harbor Hospital Center (2003), Internal Medicine
- Georgetown University Hospital/Washington Hospital Center (2008), Internal Medicine
- Healthcare Delivery in Resource-limited Environments
- Inpatient Medicine/Care of Acutely Ill Patients
- International Medicine/Global Health
Honors & Awards
- Nurses Choice Award for Medical/Surgical Services
MedStar Washington Hospital Center (2010)
- Peggy Behm Award for Academic Excellence
MedStar Harbor Hospital Center (2003)
- Gold Medal Award
Gondor Medical College, Ethiopia (1997)
- American College of Physicians (2006)