Heather Wainstein, M.D., is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Internal Medicine at UT Southwestern Medical Center and a member of the Division of General Internal Medicine. Her clinical interests include women's health and young adult medicine.
I am passionate about primary care, particularly preventive measures to keep my patients healthy
Originally from Plano, Texas, Dr. Wainstein holds a bachelor's degree in biology from the University of Texas at Austin. She earned her medical degree at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston and completed internal medicine residency training at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas.
Certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine, Dr. Wainstein joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2014.
Dr. Wainstein is an active member of several professional organizations, including the Society of General Internal Medicine, the American College of Physicians, and the Texas Medical Association.
Outside of medicine, Dr. Wainstein enjoys cooking, traveling, exercising, and spending time with family.
- Medical School
- Baylor College of Medicine (2011)
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas (2014), Internal Medicine
- Preventative Medicine
Honors & Awards
- Teaching Educators Across the Continuum of Healthcare (TEACH) Scholar
Society of General Internal Medicine (2022)
- Leadership Development Award
Southern Society for General Internal Medicine (2021)
- Resident Research Poster Winner
American College of Physicians (2014)
- American College of Physicians (2011)
- Society of General Internal Medicine (2020)
- Texas Medical Association (2007)