Originally from Iran, Dr. Pezeshk earned his medical degree and completed an advanced training program in endocrine sciences at Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences and Health Services in Tehran. He pursued advanced training in endocrinology at the University of Tennessee Health Science Center in Memphis, and in radiology informatics at Brigham and Women’s Hospital in Boston. He remained at Brigham and Women’s Hospital to complete a residency in radiology, before completing additional advanced training through a fellowship in neuroradiology at the University of Minnesota Medical Center in Minneapolis, and a fellowship in musculoskeletal radiology at the VA Long Beach Healthcare System in Irvine, California.
Dr. Pezeshk has co-authored nearly a dozen original research articles on topics including renal disease, diabetes, spinal imaging and spinal cord anatomy, and proton emission tomography (PET) directed skeletal biopsy.
He is a member of the MSK Fellowship Program Evaluation Committee and the Radiology User Group at Parkland Hospital.
Dr. Pezeshk is also an active member of national and international professional organizations, including the Radiological Society of North America, the National Postdoctoral Association, and the Iran Medical Council.
- Medical School
- Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences (2001)
- University of Tennessee Health Science Center (2005), Research
- Center for Evidence-Based Imaging (Brigham Research Institute) (2007), Research
- Saint Mary's Health System (2008), Internal Medicine
- Harvard Medical School/Brigham and Women's Hospital (2012), Radiology
- University of Minnesota (2013), Neuroradiology
- University of California, Irvine (2014), Musculoskeletal Radiology