Wilmot Bonnet, M.D.
Department Pediatrics | Neurology
You have reached the Academic Profile.
For more information on the doctor and patient care, please visit the clinical profile.View Clinical Profile
Wilmot Bonnet, M.D., is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Pediatrics, Division of Child Neurology at UT Southwestern Medical Center. He joined the UT Southwestern faculty in July 2020.
Dr. Bonnet earned his medical degree at the University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston in 2014. He completed residencies in pediatrics and child neurology at UT Southwestern/ Children’s Medical Center, followed by advanced training in vascular neurology through a fellowship at UT Southwestern.
Dr. Bonnet’s research focuses on the pediatric stroke prevention, treatment, and recovery as well as genetic arteriopathies of childhood.
- Medical School
- UT Health Science Center at Houston (2014)
- UT Southwestern/Children's Medical Center (2016), Pediatrics
- UT Southwestern/Children's Medical Center (2019), Child Neurology
- University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center (2020), Vascular Neurology
- Acute treatment and secondary prevention of pediatric stroke
- Genetic arteriopathies of childhood
- Pediatric cardioembolic and hemorrhagic stroke
- Pediatric stroke recovery
Honors & Awards
- Certificate of Achievement Chief Resident
UTSW Pediatric Neurology Residency (2019)
- Child Neurology Resident Teaching Award
UTSW Pediatric Neurology Residency (2017-2018)
- Phi Betta Kappa
- Phi Kappa Phi
- American Heart Association (2019)
- Child Neurology Society (2019)
- American Academy of Neurology (2018)