Drew Thodeson, M.D., is a Child Neurologist in the Department of Pediatrics, Division of Neurology. He earned his undergraduate degree from University of Michigan and completed medical school at Medical College of Georgia. He completed his residency training in Pediatrics and Child Neurology at University of Pittsburgh Medical Center. He moved to Dallas in 2014, completing fellowship training at UT Southwestern in Pediatric Epilepsy and Clinical Neurophysiology. His clinical interest is in early childhood epileptic encephalopathies, specifically infantile spasms. His research interest is in genetic causes of childhood epilepsy. His research goal is to develop a platform to elucidate biological processes underlying the pathophysiology of pediatric epilepsy syndromes using stem cells.
- University of Michigan - Ann A (2016), Psychology
- Medical School
- Medical College of Georgia (2016), Medicine
- Biologic mechanisms of genetic epilepsy syndromes
- Genetic testing in childhood epilepsy
- You Have Brains in Your Head, You Have Organoids in Your Dish, You Can Steer Yourself in any Direction You Wish.
- Thodeson DM, Hsieh J Epilepsy Curr 2017 Sep-Oct 17 5 311-313
- Neural stem cells and epilepsy: functional roles and disease-in-a-dish models.
- Thodeson DM, Brulet R, Hsieh J Cell Tissue Res. 2017 Aug
- Paroxysmal Choreoathetosis in a Child with SCN2A Mutation and Neonatal Seizures.
- George N, Thodeson D, Park J, Sirsi D J Neurol Neurosurg. 2017 Volume 4 Issue 4
- Fosphenytoin-induced dyskinesias in an infant with Sturge-Weber syndrome.
- Thodeson DM, Reiber DC, Dolce AM, Sirsi D Neurology 2016 Apr 86 16 1561-2
- Type II Cortical Dysplasia in Dominant Frontal Lobe Presenting as Gelastic Epilepsy.
- Dubey D, Thodeson D, Dowling M, Sirsi D, Arnold S, Said R Pediatr. Neurol. 2015 Jul 53 1 97-8
- Practice experience in the treatment of infantile spasms at a tertiary care center.
- Thodeson D, Sogawa Y Pediatr. Neurol. 2014 Nov 51 5 696-700
Honors & Awards
- Jeffery S Farkas Memorial Pediatric Intern Teaching Award
University of Pittsburgh Medical Center Childrens Hospital of Pittsburgh (2010)
- Outstanding Student in Neurology
Medical College of Georgia (2009)
- American Epilepsy Society (2015)
- Texas Neurological Society (2014)
- Child Neurology Society (2013)