Lynn Huffman, M.D., is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery at UT Southwestern Medical Center. He specializes in heart valve repair and replacement as well as heart transplants, ventricular assist devices, and ECMO.
Dr. Huffman earned undergraduate degrees in chemistry and mathematics and a master’s degree in chemistry at the University of Illinois. He earned his medical degree at the University of Michigan and completed residencies in general surgery and thoracic surgery at the University of Cincinnati.
He performed an additional residency in thoracic surgery at the University of Michigan and then received advanced training in cardiopulmonary transplant and mechanical assist devices through a fellowship at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center.
As a clinical researcher, Dr. Huffman is interested in trends in cardiac surgery that improve survival. He also teaches medical students and residents.
Dr. Huffman is a member of the Society for Thoracic Surgeons, the American College of Surgeons, and the Association of Military Surgeons of the United States. He is a Colonel in the United States Army Medical Corp, Reserve.
- Medical School
- University of Michigan Medical School (2001)
- University of Cincinnati Medical Center (2008), General Surgery
- University of Cincinnati College of Medicine (2009), Thoracic Surgery
- University of Michigan Health Systems (2011), Thoracic Surgery
- University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (2014), Cardiopulmonary Transplant and Assist Device