- Medical School
- Louisiana State University Health Hospital (1988)
- Louisiana State University Health Hospital (1989), Transitional Year
- University Medical Center (1991), General Surgery
- UT Southwestern Clements University Hospital (1994), Medicine
- Parkland Health & Hospital System (1998), Nephrology
- Nephrogenic Systemic Fibrosis
- What nephrologists need to know about gadolinium.
- Jeffrey Penfield, M.D. and Robert Reilly, M.D. Nat Clin Pract Nephrol December 2007 12/3 654-668
- Nephrogenic systemic fibrosis risk: is there a difference between gadolinium-based contrast agents?
- Jeffrey Penfield, M.D. and Robert Reilly, M.D. Semin Dial March 2008 2/21 129-134
- The patient with disorders of serum calcium and phosphorus
- Jeffrey Penfield, M.D. and Robert Reilly, M.D. Manual of Nephrology diagnosis and therapy. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins (LWW) 2007 6th edition
- Multiple myeloma in end-stage renal disease.
- Jeffrey Penfield, M.D. Semin Dial August 2006 4/19 329-34.
- Disorders of Phosphate and Magnesium Disorders
- Edited by Frederic Coe and Murray Favus Disorders of Bone and Mineral Metabolism 2002 Second Edition
- American Society of Nephrology