Dr. Zuo is a faculty member in the Department of Medicine, Division of Rheumatic Disease. He earned his undergraduate degree from Baylor University. Before attending medical school he spent two years doing research at Baylor College of Medicine. He participated in research projects investigating gene therapy to treat cystic fibrosis and hemophilia. He was captivated by medical research and decided to go to medical school to become a clinician researcher. He received his medical degree from Ross University School of Medicine. He then completed a residency in Internal Medicine at University of Texas Medical Branch and a Rheumatology Fellowship at UT Southwestern Medical Center. His clinical interest is in autoimmune thrombotic and obstetric disorders. His research focuses on understanding anti-phospholipid syndromes (APS), identifying biomarkers, and new treatments for anti-phospholipid syndrome. Outside of medicine, Dr. Zuo enjoys swimming, jogging, and spending time with his family.
- Medical School
- Ross University School of Medicine (2011)
- UT Medical Branch at Galveston (2014), Internal Medicine
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2016), Rheumatology
- Adult & Pediatric Antiphospholipid Syndrome
- Antiphospholipid Antibbodies
- Primary Thrombosis Prophylaxis in Persistently Antiphospholipid Antibody-Positive Individuals: Where Do We Stand in 2018?
- Zuo Y, Barbhaiya M, Erkan D Curr Rheumatol Rep 2018 Sep 20 11 66
- The role of cardiovascular disease risk assessed by ASCVD score in primary thrombosis prophylaxis strategy among antiphospholipid antibody carriers.
- Zuo Y, Udupa A, Fan J, Makris UE, Karp DR, Shen YM Lupus 2018 Aug 961203318796289
- Identifying Additional Risk Factors for Thrombosis and Pregnancy Morbidities Among Antiphospholipid Antibodies Carriers.
- Zuo Y, Fan J, Sarode R, Zhang S, Makris UE, Karp DR, Shen YM Clin. Appl. Thromb. Hemost. 2018 Jan 1076029618755946
- A unique antiphospholipid assay recognizing phospholipid mixture compared with criteria antiphospholipid immunoassays in lupus patients.
- Zuo Y, Willis R, Papalardo E, Petri M, Harris EN, Schleh A, DeCeulaer K, Smikle M, Vilá LM, Reveille JD, Alarcón GS, Gonzalez EB Lupus 2016 Oct
- A Rare Case of Kikuchi Fujimoto's Disease with Subsequent Development of Systemic Lupus Erythematosus.
- Zuo Y, Foshat M, Qian YW, Kelly B, Harper B, Karnath B Case Rep Rheumatol 2012 2012 325062
- Bioengineered factor IX molecules with increased catalytic activity improve the therapeutic index of gene therapy vectors for hemophilia B.
- Brunetti-Pierri N, Grove NC, Zuo Y, Edwards R, Palmer D, Cerullo V, Teruya J, Ng P Hum. Gene Ther. 2009 May 20 5 479-85
- Efficient, long-term hepatic gene transfer using clinically relevant HDAd doses by balloon occlusion catheter delivery in nonhuman primates.
- Brunetti-Pierri N, Stapleton GE, Law M, Breinholt J, Palmer DJ, Zuo Y, Grove NC, Finegold MJ, Rice K, Beaudet AL, Mullins CE, Ng P Mol. Ther. 2009 Feb 17 2 327-33
- Pseudo-hydrodynamic delivery of helper-dependent adenoviral vectors into non-human primates for liver-directed gene therapy.
- Brunetti-Pierri N, Stapleton GE, Palmer DJ, Zuo Y, Mane VP, Finegold MJ, Beaudet AL, Leland MM, Mullins CE, Ng P Mol. Ther. 2007 Apr 15 4 732-40
Honors & Awards
- 1st Place Fellow Research Award
Donald W. Seldin, M.D. Internal Medicine Research Symposium, UT Southwestern (2016)
- KL2/Clinical Scholar Award
NIH/Center for Translational Medicine at UT Southwestern (2016)
- Resident Research Award
American College of Physicians Southeast Associate Regional Meeting (2014)
- American College of Rheumatology (2014)
- American College of Physicians (2011)
- American Society of Gene Therapy (2005-2008)