Erin Gordon, D.O.
Clinical Assistant Professor
You have reached the Academic Profile.
For more information on the doctor and patient care, please visit the clinical profile.View Clinical Profile
As a junior faculty member, Dr. Erin Gordon is interested in indulging herself in the cardiac and critical care arena. Dr. Gordon remains interested in the dynamic of congenital heart disease and the incidence of both oral aversion and feeding intolerance. In addition, and in an attempt to understand the neurodevelopment of the cardiac population, Dr. Gordon and a handful of mid-level providers have established a developmental care team/program to improve outcomes. She is excited to embark upon a journey in clinical research to better understand the above conditions.
- Medical School
- Midwestern University Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine (2008)
- University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics (2011), Pediatrics
- University of Iowa Hospitals (2014), Pediatric Critical Care Medicine
- Evidence-based medicine
- Fetal and neonatal myocardium fuel preference and energy metabolism
- Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy
- Maternal Hyperglycemia Directly and Rapidly Induces Cardiac Septal Overgrowth in Fetal Rats.
- Gordon EE, Reinking BE, Hu S, Yao J, Kua KL, Younes AK, Wang C, Segar JL, Norris AW J Diabetes Res 2015 2015 479565
- Hyperglycemia rapidly induces fetal cardiac hypertrophy
- Gordon E, Norris A, Reinking B Critical Care Medicine 2013 Dec 41 12
- Fulminant liver failure associated with abdominal crush injury in an eleven-year old: a case report.
- Gordon E, Kamath S Case Reports Hepatol 2013 2013 524371
- American Academy of Pediatrics (2008)
- American Osteopathic Association (2003)
- Society of Critical Care Medicine (2011)