Sachin Saboo, M.D., is an Assistant Professor of Radiology at UT Southwestern Medical Center and a member of its Cardiothoracic Imaging Division. His clinical interests include conventional radiology; computed tomography (CT); and magnetic resonance (MR) imaging of emergency cases, cancers, and interstitial lung disease (ILD).
After earning his medical degree at the Government Medical College in Aurangabad, India, Dr. Saboo completed residencies in diagnostic radiology at Topiwala National Medical College and B.Y.L. Nair Hospital in Mumbai, where he earned his diploma in medical radio-diagnosis, and at the Diwan Chand Satyapal Aggarwal Diagnostic Imaging Research Centre in Delhi, where he earned a Diplomate of National Board (DNB) in radio-diagnosis.
Dr. Saboo then traveled to the United States to receive advanced training through four separate fellowships, the first two in cancer imaging and breast imaging at the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, the second two in noninvasive cardiovascular imaging and emergency radiology at Brigham and Women's Hospital.
Dr. Saboo’s research efforts have been internationally recognized through publications, scholarly reviews, and invited book chapters. While maintaining a broad interest in all aspects of cardiothoracic imaging, Dr. Saboo focuses his research on cancer imaging, emergency radiology, airway imaging, and noninvasive cardiovascular imaging. His goal is to help radiologists diagnose abnormalities that characterize complex congenital cardiac diseases, including malposition of the branch pulmonary arteries; anomalous origin of one pulmonary artery from the aorta; and various malignancies such as leiomyosarcomas, liposarcoma, lymphoma, and intrathoracic synovial sarcomas.
At UT Southwestern, Dr. Saboo serves on multiple committees, including the Radiology Residency Core Curriculum Committee, the Cardiothoracic Radiology Fellowship Program Evaluation Committee, the American College of Radiology Computed Tomography Accreditation Committee for Clements University Hospital, and the Cardiothoracic Imaging Task Force for Pulmonary Nodule. He is also a member of the Thoracic Tumor Board Committee, where he works closely with practitioners from other disciplines to manage patients with thoracic malignancies.
He is a member of national and international professional organizations including the Radiological Society of North America, the European Society of Radiology, the American Roentgen Ray Society, the American Society of Emergency Radiology, the Society of Cardiovascular CT, the American College of Radiology, and the Association of University Radiologists.
Dr. Saboo serves as a reviewer for international scientific journals including Radiology, European Radiology, Emergency Radiology, International Journal of Cardiovascular Imaging, Clinical Imaging and Atherosclerosis. He is an Associate Editor for Current Problems in Diagnostic Radiology; an editorial board member of SM Radiology, Journal of Advances in Radiology and Medical Imaging, and Indian Journal of Radiology and Imaging; and an Academic Editor for Medicine.
- Medical School
- Government Medical College - Aurangabad (1999)
- Government Medical College - Aurangabad (2001), Diagnostic Radiology
- B.Y.L. Nair Hospital (2004), Diagnostic Radiology
- Diwanchand Satyapal Aggarwal Imaging Center (2006), Diagnostic Radiology
- Dana Farber Cancer Institute (2011), Cancer Imaging
- Dana Farber Cancer Institute (2012), Cancer Imaging
- Brigham & Women's Hospital (2013), Non-invasive Cardiovascular Imaging
- Brigham & Women's Hospital (2014), Emergency Radiology
- Airway Imaging
- Cardiopulmonary Infections
- Cardiothoracic Emergencies
- Cardiovascular Support Devices Imaging
- Congenital Heart Disease
- Coronary Artery Imaging
- CT Applications in Electrophysiology
- Dual Energy and Spectral CT
- Esophagus Imaging
- HOCM Imaging
- ILD Imaging
- Lung Transplantation
- Lung Tumors
- MRI Applications in the Chest
- Non- Invasive Cardiovascular Imaging
- Pulmonary Artery Imaging
- Pulmonary Hypertension
- TAVI Imaging
- MDCT Imaging of the Stomach: Advances and Applications.
- Nagpal P, Prakash A, Pradhan GS, Vidholia A, Nagpal N, Saboo SS, Kuehn DM, Khandelwal A Br J Radiol 2016 Oct 20160412
- Artifacts at Cardiac CT: Physics and Solutions.
- Kalisz K, Buethe J, Saboo SS, Abbara S, Halliburton S, Rajiah P Radiographics 2016 Oct 160079
- CT pulmonary angiography-based scoring system to predict the prognosis of acute pulmonary embolism.
- Kumamaru KK, Saboo SS, Aghayev A, Cai P, Quesada CG, George E, Hussain Z, Cai T, Rybicki FJ J Cardiovasc Comput Tomogr 2016 Aug
- Update on the Role of Cardiac Magnetic Resonance in Acquired Nonischemic Cardiomyopathies.
- Rajiah P, Raza S, Saboo SS, Ghoshhajra B, Abbara S J Thorac Imaging 2016 Jul
- Implementation and Performance of Automated Software for Computing Right-to-Left Ventricular Diameter Ratio From Computed Tomography Pulmonary Angiography Images.
- Kumamaru KK, George E, Aghayev A, Saboo SS, Khandelwal A, Rodríguez-López S, Cai T, Jiménez-Carretero D, Estépar RS, Ledesma-Carbayo MJ, González G, Rybicki FJ J Comput Assist Tomogr 2016 Mar
- Esophagectomy and Gastric Pull-through Procedures: Surgical Techniques, Imaging Features, and Potential Complications.
- Flanagan JC, Batz R, Saboo SS, Nordeck SM, Abbara S, Kernstine K, Vasan V Radiographics 2016 Jan-Feb 36 1 107-21
- Upper Extremity Runoff: Pearls and Pitfalls in Computed Tomography Angiography and Magnetic Resonance Angiography.
- Nagpal P, Maller V, Garg G, Hedgire S, Khandelwal A, Kalva S, Steigner ML, Saboo SS Curr Probl Diagn Radiol 2016 Jan
- Multidetector Computed Tomography Features in Differentiating Exophytic Renal Angiomyolipoma from Retroperitoneal Liposarcoma: A Strobe-Compliant Observational Study.
- Wang Q, Juan YH, Li Y, Xie JJ, Liu H, Huang H, Liu Z, Zheng J, Saboo US, Saboo SS, Liang C Medicine (Baltimore) 2015 Sep 94 37 e1521
- Modern imaging techniques: applications in the management of acute aortic pathologies.
- Nagpal P, Khandelwal A, Saboo SS, Bathla G, Steigner ML, Rybicki FJ Postgrad Med J 2015 Aug 91 1078 449-62
- Anomalous Origin of One Pulmonary Artery Branch From the Aorta: Role of MDCT Angiography.
- Liu H, Juan YH, Chen J, Xie Z, Wang Q, Zhang X, Liang C, Huang H, Kwong RY, Saboo SS AJR Am J Roentgenol 2015 May 204 5 979-87
Honors & Awards
- 3rd Best Poster Award for "Update on MR Imaging of Muscular Dystrophies
Society of Computed Body Tomography & Magnetic Resonance Annual Meeting (SCBT-MR) (2016-2016)
- AUR Academic Faculty Development Program
Association of University Radiologists 64th Annual Meeting, San Diego, CA (2016-2016)
- Cum Laude
Radiological Society of North America (2014)
- Magna Cum Laude
American Society of Emergency Radiology (2013-2013)
- Outstanding Service and Invaluable Contribution as a Best Cancer Imaging Fellow
Radiology department of Brigham and Womens Hospital / Dana Farber Cancer Institute, and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA (2011-2011)
- Fellow of the Royal College of Radiologists (FRCR)
Royal College of Radiologists, London, UK (2007)
- Certificate of Honors
Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University, Aurangabad, India (1998-1998)
- American College of Radiology (2015)
- Association of University Radiologists (2015)
- Society for Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance (2015)
- American Society of Emergency Radiology (2013-2015)
- Society of Cardiovascular CT (SCCT) (2013)
- Society of Computed Body Tomography & Magnetic Resonance (SCBT-MR) (2013-2015)
- American Roentgen Ray Society (2010)
- European Society of Radiology (2010)
- Radiological Society of North America (2010)
- The Royal College of Radiologists (2007)
- Indian Radiological and Imaging Association (2004)