David Fetzer's complimentary background in imaging science and interest in translational research constitute the basis for his work in multimodality testing and quantitative imaging, particularly in metabolic, hepatobiliary, pancreatic, thyroid, and lymph node imaging.
- Medical School
- UT Health Science Center at Houston (2008)
- UT Health Science Center McGovern Medical School (2009), Transitional Year
- University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (2013), Diagnostic Radiology
- University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (2014), Abdominal Imaging
- Contrast-enhanced ultrasound, particularly in chronic liver disease
- Non-rigid image registration in dynamic post-contrast imaging
- Quantitative imaging in chronic liver disease
- Spectral CT, applications in hepatic, renal, and pancreatic diseases
- Ultrasound elastography in thyroid, lymph node, and liver imaging
- Measurement of skeletal muscle area: Comparison of CT and MR imaging.
- Sinelnikov A, Qu C, Fetzer DT, Pelletier JS, Dunn MA, Tsung A, Furlan A Eur J Radiol 2016 Oct 85 10 1716-21
- Hepatic sarcoidosis in patients presenting with liver dysfunction: imaging appearance, pathological correlation and disease evolution.
- Fetzer DT, Rees MA, Dasyam AK, Tublin ME Eur Radiol 2016 Jan
- Infiltrative Hepatocellular Carcinoma: What Radiologists Need to Know.
- Reynolds AR, Furlan A, Fetzer DT, Sasatomi E, Borhani AA, Heller MT, Tublin ME Radiographics 2015 Mar-Apr 35 2 371-386
- Liver transplantation arrests and reverses muscle wasting.
- Bergerson JT, Lee JG, Furlan A, Sourianarayanane A, Fetzer DT, Tevar AD, Landsittel DP, DiMartini AF, Dunn MA Clin Transplant 2014 Dec
- Assessing response to treatment in non--small-cell lung cancer: role of tumor volume evaluated by computed tomography.
- Knollmann FD, Kumthekar R, Fetzer D, Socinski MA Clin Lung Cancer 2014 Mar 15 2 103-9
- Short-term mortality in acute pulmonary embolism: clot burden and signs of right heart dysfunction at CT pulmonary angiography.
- Furlan A, Aghayev A, Chang CC, Patil A, Jeon KN, Park B, Fetzer DT, Saul M, Roberts MS, Bae KT Radiology 2012 Oct 265 1 283-93
- Imaging of neurologic conditions during pregnancy and the perinatal period.
- Delfyett WT, Fetzer DT Neurol Clin 2012 Aug 30 3 791-822
- Computed tomographic cholangiography in living liver transplant donors: factors determining the degree of contrast enhancement.
- Fetzer DT, Furlan A, Wang JH, Kantartzis S, Sholosh B, Bae KT J Comput Assist Tomogr 2011 Nov-Dec 35 6 716-22
- Does colon cancer ever metastasize to bone first? a temporal analysis of colorectal cancer progression.
- Roth ES, Fetzer DT, Barron BJ, Joseph UA, Gayed IW, Wan DQ BMC Cancer 2009 9 274
- The HIPAA privacy rule and protected health information: implications in research involving DICOM image databases.
- Fetzer DT, West OC Acad Radiol 2008 Mar 15 3 390-5
Honors & Awards
- Resident Conference of the Month
UT Southwestern Medical School Radiology Residency (2016)
- Top Score Poster
International Liver Cancer Association Annual Meeting (2016)
- Distinguished Reviewer for Abdominal Imaging
Journal of Abdominal Imaging (2015)
- Resident Conference of the Month
UT Southwestern Medical School Radiology Residency (2015)
- SCBT-MR Innovation Award
Society of Computed Body Tomography and Magnetic Resonance (2015)
- Roentgen Fellow Research Award
RSNA Research and Education Foundation (2013)
- Roentgen Resident Research Award
RSNA Research and Education Foundation (2012)
- Best Case in Gastrointestinal Imaging
American Institute of Radiologic Pathology (2011)
- Cum Laude Education Exhibit Award
RSNA 97th Annual Meeting, Chicago, IL (2011)
- Memorial Award for Research in Radiology
Association for University Radiologists 54th Annual Meeting (2006)
- University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine (2014-2015)
- UT Southwestern Medical Center Department of Radiology (2014)
- University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (2013-2014)