Dr. Hamdi received his initial medical education at the Beirut Arab University in Lebanon, followed by a one-year research fellowship in basic sciences at the American University of Beirut. He completed internal medicine residency training at St. Joseph Hospital in Chicago, followed by a nephrology fellowship and a critical care medicine fellowship at Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit, where he was Chief Fellow.
Certified by the American Board of Internal medicine in nephrology and critical care medicine, Dr. Hamdi joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2014.
At UT Southwestern, Dr. Hamdi is on the Nephrology Fellowship Clinical Competence Committee. He's also a member of the American Society of Nephrology and the Society of Critical Care Medicine.
Dr. Hamdi's research interests include critical care, nephrology, and diabetic nephropathy. His research has led to several peer-reviewed publications, as well as regional and Grand Rounds lectures.
- Medical School
- Beirut Arab University (2006)
- AMITA Health Saint Joseph Hospital (2011), Internal Medicine
- Henry Ford Hospital (2013), Nephrology
- Henry Ford Hospital (2014), Critical Care Medicine
- Acute kidney injury and renal replacement therapy in the critically ill
- Anemia in ESRD
- Chronic kidney disease
- Modalities of continuous renal replacement therapy
- Mucormycosis in a renal transplant recipient: case report and comprehensive review of literature.
- Hamdi T, Karthikeyan V, Alangaden GJ Int J Nephrol 2014 2014 950643
- Cisplatin-induced renal salt wasting syndrome.
- Hamdi T, Latta S, Jallad B, Kheir F, Alhosaini MN, Patel A South. Med. J. 2010 Aug 103 8 793-9
- Contrast-induced nephropathy: current practices among cardiologists.
- Alhosaini MN, Latta S, Riaz K, Hamdi T, Jallad B, Kheir F, Park S, Iroegbu N Ren Fail 2010 32 8 928-34
- Amino acids in the rat intestinal lumen regulate their own absorption from a distant intestinal site.
- Mourad FH, Barada KA, Khoury C, Hamdi T, Saadé NE, Nassar CF Am. J. Physiol. Gastrointest. Liver Physiol. 2009 Aug 297 2 G292-8
Honors & Awards
- Outstanding Clinical Nephrology Fellow
Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, MI (2013)
- American Society of Nephrology (2020)
- Society of Critical Care Medicine (2020)