Dr Banga received his initial medical and clinical training in India. After completing residency in Internal Medicine at Michigan State University, East Lansing MI, Dr. Banga pursued fellowship training in Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine and Lung Transplantation at the Cleveland Clinic in Cleveland, OH. At UTSW, Dr Banga's clinical and research efforts are focused in the field of lung transplantation.
- Medical School
- Gajra Raja Medical College (1996)
- Gajra Raja Medical College (1997), Internal Medicine
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences, India (2000), Infectious Diseases
- Drexel University College of Medicine (2006), Internal Medicine
- Michigan State University (2011), Internal Medicine
- Cleveland Clinic Foundation (2014), Pulmonary Diseases & Critical Care Medicine
- Chronic lung allograft dysfunction
- Ex-vivo Lung Perfusion
- Outcomes after lung transplantation
- Role of mast cell in allograft dysfunction after lung transplantation
- Predictors of outcome among patients on extracorporeal membrane oxygenation as a bridge to lung transplantation.
- Banga A, Batchelor E, Mohanka M, Bollineni S, Kaza V, Mullins J, Tran M, Bajona P, Peltz M, Wait M, Torres F Clin Transplant 2017 Apr
- Association of pre-transplant kidney function with outcomes after lung transplantation.
- Banga A, Mohanka M, Mullins J, Bollineni S, Kaza V, Torres F, Tanriover B Clin Transplant 2017 Feb
- Hospital length of stay after lung transplantation: Independent predictors and association with early and late survival.
- Banga A, Mohanka M, Mullins J, Bollineni S, Kaza V, Ring S, Bajona P, Peltz M, Wait M, Torres F J. Heart Lung Transplant. 2016 Aug
- Mast cell phenotypes in the allograft after lung transplantation
- Banga A, Han Y, Wang X, Hsieh F Clin Transplant 2016 In press
- Disease Recurrence and Acute Cellular Rejection Episodes During the First Year After Lung Transplantation Among Patients With Sarcoidosis.
- Banga A, Sahoo D, Lane CR, Farver CF, Budev MM Transplantation 2015 Mar
- COUNTERPOINT: Are the CHEST Guidelines Global in Coverage? No.
- Mehta AC, Banga A, Stoller JK Chest 2015 Jan 147 1 13-5
- The Natural History of Lung Function after Lung Transplantation for a1-Antitrypsin Deficiency.
- Banga A, Gildea T, Rajeswaran J, Rokadia H, Blackstone EH, Stoller JK Am. J. Respir. Crit. Care Med. 2014 Aug 190 3 274-81
- Characteristics and Outcomes of Patients with Lung Transplantation Requiring Admission to the Medical Intensive Care Unit.
- Banga A, Sahoo D, Lane CR, Mehta AC, Akindipe O, Budev MM, Wang X, Sasidhar M Chest 2014 May
- A study of characteristics of Michigan workers with work-related asthma exposed to welding.
- Banga A, Reilly MJ, Rosenman KD J. Occup. Environ. Med. 2011 Apr 53 4 415-9
- Non-invasive ventilation for acute exacerbation of COPD with very high PaCO(2): A randomized controlled trial.
- Khilnani GC, Saikia N, Banga A, Sharma SK Lung India 2010 Jul 27 3 125-30
Honors & Awards
- Abstract Scholarship
American Thoracic Society (2013)
- Young Investigator Award
American College of Chest Physicians (2013)
- Travel Award
American Thoracic Society (2012)
- Young Investigator Award
American College of Chest Physicians (2004)
- Young Scientist Foreign Travel Grant
Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, New Dehli, India (2003)