Education: M.D., UT Southwestern Medical School; Residency in Internal Medicine, Presbyterian Hospital of Dallas; Residency in Dermatology, UT Southwestern Medical Center. Dr. Pandya has a special interest in the management and research of pigmentary disorders, such as vitiligo, melasma, post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation and dermal pigmentation.
- Medical School
- UT Southwestern Medical School (1985)
- Presbyterian Hospital of Dallas (1988), Internal Medicine
- Parkland Memorial Hospital (1991), Dermatology
- Post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation
- Current and emerging treatments for vitiligo.
- Rodrigues M, Ezzedine K, Hamzavi I, Pandya AG, Harris JE J. Am. Acad. Dermatol. 2017 Jul 77 1 17-29
- New discoveries in the pathogenesis and classification of vitiligo.
- Rodrigues M, Ezzedine K, Hamzavi I, Pandya AG, Harris JE J. Am. Acad. Dermatol. 2017 Jul 77 1 1-13
- A cross-sectional, comparative study of home vs. in-office NBUVB phototherapy for vitiligo.
- Dillon JP, Ford C, Hynan LS, Pandya AG Photodermatol Photoimmunol Photomed 2017 Jun
- Presentations, Signs of Activity, and Differential Diagnosis of Vitiligo.
- Goh BK, Pandya AG Dermatol Clin 2017 Apr 35 2 135-144
- The Vitiligo Working Group recommendations for narrowband ultraviolet B light phototherapy treatment of vitiligo.
- Mohammad TF, Al-Jamal M, Hamzavi IH, Harris JE, Leone G, Cabrera R, Lim HW, Pandya AG, Esmat SM J. Am. Acad. Dermatol. 2017 Feb
- Repigmentation in vitiligo: position paper of the Vitiligo Global Issues Consensus Conference (VGICC).
- Gan EY, Eleftheriadou V, Esmat S, Hamzavi I, Passeron T, Böhm M, Anbar T, Goh BK, Lan CE, Lui H, Ramam M, Raboobee N, Katayama I, Suzuki T, Parsad D, Seth V, Lim HW, van Geel N, Mulekar S, Harris J, Wittal R, Benzekri L, Gauthier Y, Kumarasinghe P, Thng ST, Silva de Castro CC, Abdallah M, Vrijman C, Bekkenk M, Seneschal J, Pandya AG, Ezzedine K, Picardo M, Taïeb A Pigment Cell Melanoma Res 2016 Nov
- Keratinocyte-derived chemokines orchestrate T cell positioning in the epidermis during vitiligo and may serve as biomarkers of disease.
- Richmond JM, Bangari DS, Essien KI, Currimbhoy SD, Groom JR, Pandya AG, Youd ME, Luster AD, Harris JE J. Invest. Dermatol. 2016 Sep
- Use of Suction Blisters for Noncultured Epidermal Suspension Grafting in Patients With Vitiligo.
- Jeong HS, Vandergriff T, Pandya AG Dermatol Surg 2016 May 42 5 688-91
- Vitiligo is not a cosmetic disease.
- Ezzedine K, Sheth V, Rodrigues M, Eleftheriadou V, Harris JE, Hamzavi IH, Pandya AG J. Am. Acad. Dermatol. 2015 Nov 73 5 883-5
- Confetti-like depigmentation: A potential sign of rapidly progressing vitiligo.
- Sosa JJ, Currimbhoy SD, Ukoha U, Sirignano S, O'Leary R, Vandergriff T, Hynan LS, Pandya AG J. Am. Acad. Dermatol. 2015 Jun
Dermatology Atlas for Skin of Color
Diane Jackson-Richards, Amit G. Pandya (Ed.) (2014). Berlin, Springer
Honors & Awards
- Arnold P. Gold Foundation Humanism in Medicine Award from the American Academy of Dermatology
- University of Texas Regents Outstanding Teaching Award
- Southwestern Academy of Teachers
Honorary Academy for Best Teachers at UT Southwestern (2010)
- Outstanding Teacher Awards
UT Southwestern Medical School Class of 1998, 2000, 2001, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014 (0)
- D Magazine "Best Doctors in Dallas"
- Texas Monthly Magazine "Texas Super Doctor"
- American Academy of Dermatology
- Dallas County Medical Society
- Dallas Dermatological Society
- Texas Dermatological Society
- Texas Medical Association