Min Ni received her Ph.D. from the University of Southern California (USC) at Los Angeles, where she studied the endoplasmic reticulum stress response in cancers with Dr. Amy Lee at the USC Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center. In 2008, she started her postdoctoral training with Dr. Myles Brown at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and Harvard Medical School, studying the function of androgens in breast cancer funded by her scholarship from the U.S. Department of Defense. In 2011, she became an Instructor in medical oncology at Harvard Medical School. Dr. Ni joined Infinity Pharmaceuticals in Boston in 2013 where she worked on clinical trials testing new therapeutics for leukemia and lymphoma. In 2014, she joined the Genetic and Metabolic Disease Program at the Children’s Medical Research Institute at UT Southwestern as an assistant professor.
Dr. Ni's research focuses on discovering disease-causing genes in patients with undiagnosed genetic disorders and understanding the physiological impact of known but inadequately treated metabolic diseases.
- Wuhan University (2000), Biology
- Graduate School
- Fudan University (2003), Oncology
- Graduate School
- Uni of Southern California (2008), Biochemistry
- Functional genomics, metabolomics and bioinformatics
- Genetic and metabolic diseases
- Translational Research
- Non-Coding Variants Connect Enhancer Dysregulation with Nuclear Receptor Signaling in Hematopoietic Malignancies.
- Li K, Zhang Y, Liu X, Liu Y, Gu Z, Cao H, Dickerson KE, Chen M, Chen W, Shao Z, Ni M, Xu J, Cancer Discov 2020 Mar
- Interrogation of enhancer function by enhancer-targeting CRISPR epigenetic editing.
- Li K, Liu Y, Cao H, Zhang Y, Gu Z, Liu X, Yu A, Kaphle P, Dickerson KE, Ni M, Xu J, Nat Commun 2020 Jan 11 1 485
- Loss of EZH2 Reprograms BCAA Metabolism to Drive Leukemic Transformation.
- Gu Z, Liu Y, Cai F, Patrick M, Zmajkovic J, Cao H, Zhang Y, Tasdogan A, Chen M, Qi L, Liu X, Li K, Lyu J, Dickerson KE, Chen W, Ni M, Merritt ME, Morrison SJ, Skoda RC, DeBerardinis RJ, Xu J, Cancer Discov 2019 Jun
- Functional Assessment of Lipoyltransferase-1 Deficiency in Cells, Mice, and Humans.
- Ni M, Solmonson A, Pan C, Yang C, Li D, Notzon A, Cai L, Guevara G, Zacharias LG, Faubert B, Vu HS, Jiang L, Ko B, Morales NM, Pei J, Vale G, Rakheja D, Grishin NV, McDonald JG, Gotway GK, McNutt MC, Pascual JM, DeBerardinis RJ, Cell Rep 2019 Apr 27 5 1376-1386.e6
- Inosine Monophosphate Dehydrogenase Dependence in a Subset of Small Cell Lung Cancers.
- Huang F, Ni M, Chalishazar MD, Huffman KE, Kim J, Cai L, Shi X, Cai F, Zacharias LG, Ireland AS, Li K, Gu W, Kaushik AK, Liu X, Gazdar AF, Oliver TG, Minna JD, Hu Z, DeBerardinis RJ Cell Metab. 2018 Jun
- Lactate Metabolism in Human Lung Tumors.
- Faubert B, Li KY, Cai L, Hensley CT, Kim J, Zacharias LG, Yang C, Do QN, Doucette S, Burguete D, Li H, Huet G, Yuan Q, Wigal T, Butt Y, Ni M, Torrealba J, Oliver D, Lenkinski RE, Malloy CR, Wachsmann JW, Young JD, Kernstine K, DeBerardinis RJ Cell 2017 Oct 171 2 358-371.e9
- In Situ Capture of Chromatin Interactions by Biotinylated dCas9.
- Liu X, Zhang Y, Chen Y, Li M, Zhou F, Li K, Cao H, Ni M, Liu Y, Gu Z, Dickerson KE, Xie S, Hon GC, Xuan Z, Zhang MQ, Shao Z, Xu J Cell 2017 Aug 170 5 1028-1043.e19
- Regulation of mitochondrial biogenesis in erythropoiesis by mTORC1-mediated protein translation.
- Liu X, Zhang Y, Ni M, Cao H, Signer RAJ, Li D, Li M, Gu Z, Hu Z, Dickerson KE, Weinberg SE, Chandel NS, DeBerardinis RJ, Zhou F, Shao Z, Xu J Nat. Cell Biol. 2017 Jun 19 6 626-638
- CPS1 maintains pyrimidine pools and DNA synthesis in KRAS/LKB1-mutant lung cancer cells.
- Kim J, Hu Z, Cai L, Li K, Choi E, Faubert B, Bezwada D, Rodriguez-Canales J, Villalobos P, Lin YF, Ni M, Huffman KE, Girard L, Byers LA, Unsal-Kacmaz K, Peña CG, Heymach JV, Wauters E, Vansteenkiste J, Castrillon DH, Chen BPC, Wistuba I, Lambrechts D, Xu J, Minna JD, DeBerardinis RJ Nature 2017 Jun 546 7656 168-172
- Metabolic Heterogeneity in Human Lung Tumors.
- Hensley CT, Faubert B, Yuan Q, Lev-Cohain N, Jin E, Kim J, Jiang L, Ko B, Skelton R, Loudat L, Wodzak M, Klimko C, McMillan E, Butt Y, Ni M, Oliver D, Torrealba J, Malloy CR, Kernstine K, Lenkinski RE, DeBerardinis RJ Cell 2016 Feb 164 4 681-94
Honors & Awards
- Award for Genetics and Genomics of Breast and Gyn Cancers, Harvard Cancer Center (2013)
- Endocrine Society (2010)
- American Association for Cancer Research (2007)