Kris Owen received her AuD in Audiology from A.T. Still University. She has been practicing Audiology for 16 years and specializes in the evaluation of the pediatric population. Kris is currently a member of the Audiology team at Children’s Medical Center. She has many years of experience with testing infants and children using audiological techniques, such as behavioral, otoacoustic emissions and electrophysiological testing. She is also the Audiology Coordinator for the Parkland Universal Newborn Hearing Screening Program.
As Audiology Coordinator, Kris is responsible for the education of staff, Hearing Screening Technicians and volunteers, management and update of the database system and data transfer to the state and follow-up of babies that refer on the inpatient and outpatient hearing screenings. She also performs the diagnostic audiological assessment for babies that do not pass, counsels parents on the results, and makes referrals for rehabilitation when needed. Kris continues to develop her skill in the audiological assessment of infants and children by presenting and attending conferences in the United States and abroad.
- Undergraduate School
- Delta State University (1989), Audiology
- Graduate School
- University of Arkansas Medical Sciences/Nursing (1991), Communication Disorders
- Medical School
- A. T. Still University of Health Sciences (2008)
- Other Post Graduate Training
- A.T. Still University School of Osteopathic Medicine (2008), Audiology
- Pediatric Audiology
- Newborn Hearing Screening & Detection of Congenital Cytomegalovirus Infection
- E. Stehel, A. Shoup, K. Owen, G. Jackson, D. Sendelbach, L. Boney and P. Sanchez Pediatrics May 2008 Volume 121, Number 5 970-975