Solomon Woldu, M.D.
You have reached the Academic Profile.
For more information on the doctor and patient care, please visit the clinical profile.View Clinical Profile
Solomon Woldu, M.D., is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Urology at UT Southwestern Medical Center. He specializes in urologic malignancies including bladder, kidney, prostate, and testicular cancers.
Dr. Woldu grew up in the Dallas-Fort Worth area and holds a bachelor's degree in biology from Washington University in St. Louis. He earned his medical degree at Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, and stayed in New York City for his general surgery internship and urology residency at Columbia University Medical Center.
After his residency, he came back to Dallas to pursue a fellowship in oncology at UT Southwestern. The two-year Society of Urologic Oncology fellowship included both research and advanced clinical training in complex open and minimally invasive surgery. During this fellowship, he was the recipient of a National Institutes of Health training grant. His research interests are broad, and he has published over 100 peer-reviewed articles and multiple book chapters in urology. He regularly presents his research findings at national medical conferences and was voted "Teacher of the Year" by the urology trainees in 2022.
- Medical School
- Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons (2010)
- Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center (2011), General Surgery
- Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center (2016), Urology
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2018), Urologic Oncology
- Bladder Cancer, Prostate Cancer, Kidney Cancer, Testicular Cancer
Honors & Awards
- Resident Teacher of the Year
- NIH T32 Grant
- American Board of Urology (2020)
- American Urological Association (2006)
- International Bladder Cancer Network (2022)
- Society of Urologic Oncology (2016)