Venetia Orcutt, M.B.A, Ph.D.
Endowed Title Distinguished Teaching Professor
Department School of Health Professions
Dr. Orcutt completed her physician assistant training in 1984 at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center. After joining the faculty in 1989, she obtained her Master of Business Administration at the University of Dallas in 1994 and her Doctor of Philosophy, Educational Research at the University of North Texas in 2007. Her clinical experiences have focused on adult internal medicine and infectious disease, particularly the care of patients with HIV and AIDS.
- Univ of Tx Southwestern Med Ct (1984), Physician Assistant Studies
- Graduate School
- University of Dallas (1994), Business Administration
- Graduate School
- University of North Texas (2007), Education
- Curriculum Development
- Faculty Development
- Healthcare Workforce
- Multiple Mini-Interview Utilization in United States Physician Assistant Program Admission Processes.
- James K, Mazur Z, Statler M, Hegmann T, Landel G, Orcutt VL, J Physician Assist Educ 2021 Jun 32 2 74-78
- Developing a Curriculum on Transgender Health Care for Physician Assistant Students.
- Hart BG, Kindratt TB, Vasudevan A, Garcia AD, Pagels P, Orcutt V, Lau MC, J Physician Assist Educ 2021 Mar 32 1 48-53
- Health Care Project Improvement Design: Proficiency Among University Faculty.
- Gardner AF, Kindratt TB, Orcutt VL, Griffith P, Sandon L, Salinas H, Reed G, Fowler RL, Am J Med Qual 2020 Aug 1062860620945024
- Teaching and evaluating smartphone applications: The effectiveness of a curriculum expansion.
- Rodder SG, Kindratt TB, Xiao C, Orcutt V, Koch C, Mcilvaine K, Neville MA Educ Health (Abingdon) 2018 May-Aug 31 2 95-102
- Similarities and Differences Between Physician Assistant Program and Medical School Mission Statement Themes.
- Orcutt VL, James K, Bradley-Guidry C, Jones PE J Physician Assist Educ 2018 Mar 29 1 7-11
- Clinical reasoning and knowledge organization: Bridging the gap between medical education and neurocognitive science.
- Longo PJ, Orcutt VL, James K, Kane J, Coleman V 2018
- Development of a Quality Improvement Curriculum in Physician Assistant Studies.
- Kindratt TB, Orcutt VL J Physician Assist Educ 2017 Jun 28 2 103-107
- The Expanding Role of Advanced Practice Providers in Urologic Procedural Care.
- Langston JP, Duszak R, Orcutt VL, Schultz H, Hornberger B, Jenkins LC, Hemingway J, Hughes DR, Pruthi RS, Nielsen ME Urology 2017 Apr
- Expansion of Physician Assistant Education.
- Cawley JF, Eugene Jones P, Miller AA, Orcutt VL J Physician Assist Educ 2016 Dec 27 4 170-175
- Exploring physician assistant data sources
- Orcutt VL JAAPA 2015 8 28 49-56
Honors & Awards
- Southwestern Academy of Teachers
UT Southwestern (2007)
- Master Teacher Award
Association of Physician Assistant Programs (1996)
- Outstanding Young Faculty Award
Association of Physician Assistant Programs (1991)
- National Commission for the Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) (1998-2004)