Dr. Orcutt completed her physician assistant training in 1984 at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center. After joining the faculty in 1989, she obtained her Master of Business Administration at the University of Dallas in 1994 and her Doctor of Philosophy, Educational Research at the University of North Texas in 2007. Her clinical experiences have focused on adult internal medicine and infectious disease, particularly the care of patients with HIV and AIDS.
- Univ of Tx Southwestern Med Ct (1984), Physician Assistant Studies
- Graduate School
- University of Dallas (1994), Business Administration
- Graduate School
- University of North Texas (2007), Education
- Curriculum Development
- Faculty Development
- Healthcare Workforce
- Similarities and Differences Between Physician Assistant Program and Medical School Mission Statement Themes.
- Orcutt VL, James K, Bradley-Guidry C, Jones PE J Physician Assist Educ 2018 Mar 29 1 7-11
- Exploring physician assistant data sources
- Orcutt VL JAAPA 2015 8 28 49-56
- Development of a Quality Improvement Curriculum in Physician Assistant Studies.
- Kindratt TB, Orcutt VL J Physician Assist Educ 2017 Jun 28 2 103-107
- The Expanding Role of Advanced Practice Providers in Urologic Procedural Care.
- Langston JP, Duszak R, Orcutt VL, Schultz H, Hornberger B, Jenkins LC, Hemingway J, Hughes DR, Pruthi RS, Nielsen ME Urology 2017 Apr
- Expansion of Physician Assistant Education.
- Cawley JF, Eugene Jones P, Miller AA, Orcutt VL J Physician Assist Educ 2016 Dec 27 4 170-175
- Assessing the Value of PA Dual Public Health Degrees
- Cawley JF, Ritsema TS, Brown D, Wight C, Landel G, Orcutt VL, Winsor-Lovely M J Physician Assist Educ 2011 3 22 23-28
- Physician assistant specialty choice: a factor analysis.
- Wright KA, Orcutt VL J Physician Assist Educ 2011 22 2 20-4
- The Doctoral Pipeline in PA Education
- Orcutt V, Logan A, Jones P JPAE 2006 1 17 6-9
- Physician Assistant Faculty Retirement Intention
- Jones PE, Repka M, Draper D, Orcutt V JPAE 2006 4 17 17-24
- Doctorally Prepared Physician Assistant Faculty: Publishing History by Degree and Degree Source
- Orcutt V, Gosdin, B, Jones PE JPAE 2005 1 16 10-12
Honors & Awards
- Southwestern Academy of Teachers
UT Southwestern (2007)
- Master Teacher Award
Association of Physician Assistant Programs (1996)
- Outstanding Young Faculty Award
Association of Physician Assistant Programs (1991)
- National Commission for the Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) (1998-2004)