Rajiv I. Nijhawan, M.D. is a board-certified dermatologist who is fellowship trained in Mohs Micrographic Surgery. He specializes in the surgical management of skin cancers as well as reconstructive surgery. He is an Assistant Professor of Dermatology at UT Southwestern Medical Center and the Director of the Parkland Memorial Hospital Skin Tumor Clinic.
Dr. Nijhawan completed a highly competitive six-year accelerated combined Bachelor’s and Medical Degree (BS/MD) program at the University of Miami School of Medicine. He graduated with research distinction and at the top of his class as a member of the Alpha Omega Alpha (AOA) Honor Medical Society. As a medical student, he was also inducted to the Iron Arrow Honor Society - considered the highest honor attained at the university. He subsequently completed dermatology residency training at St. Luke’s-Roosevelt Hospital in New York City where he served as chief resident. He then pursued advanced procedural dermatology training through a fellowship in Mohs Micrographic Surgery, reconstructive surgery, and cosmetic dermatology at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center and Weill Cornell Medical College, also in New York City.
Dr. Nijhawan has conducted research on a wide range of dermatologic subspecialties. His work has been published widely in scientific journals, and he has presented at numerous national meetings. He is passionate about providing the highest quality of care for each and every patient he sees as well as advancing the field of dermatology.
- Medical School
- University of Miami Miller School of Medicine (2009)
- St. Luke's - Roosevelt Hospital Center, Columbia University (2010), Internal Medicine
- St. Luke's - Roosevelt Hospital Center, Columbia University (2013), Dermatology
- Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center & Weill Cornell Medical College (2014), Procedure Dermatology/mohs Micrographic Surgery
- Mohs surgery
- Non-Melanoma Skin Cancer
- Patient Safety
- Patient satisfaction
- Reconstructive surgery
- Resident Education
- Porcine Xenografts for Surgical Defects: A Single Center Experience with 128 Cases.
- Marzolf S, Srivastava D, Nijhawan RI J. Am. Acad. Dermatol. 2017 Nov
- Surgical Management of Radiation-Associated Atypical Vascular Lesions.
- Yang Y, Vandergriff T, Nijhawan RI, Srivastava D Dermatol Surg 2017 Oct
- Validity of skin cancer malignancy reporting to the Organ Procurement Transplant Network: A cohort study.
- Garrett GL, Yuan JT, Shin TM, Arron ST J. Am. Acad. Dermatol. 2017 Oct
- The Eyelid Grid.
- Beaulieu D, Nijhawan RI J. Am. Acad. Dermatol. 2017 Sep
- Managing Nasal Valve Compromise With Suspension Sutures.
- Orseth ML, Nijhawan RI Dermatol Surg 2017 Sep
- Removal of large epidermoid cysts by use of a minimal-incision technique.
- Chen S, Srivastava D, Nijhawan RI J. Am. Acad. Dermatol. 2017 Jul 77 1 e13-e14
- Endocrine Mucin-Producing Sweat Gland Carcinoma Treated With Mohs Micrographic Surgery.
- Scott BL, Anyanwu CO, Vandergriff T, Nijhawan RI Dermatol Surg 2017 Apr
- Repair of a Full-Thickness Defect Involving Multiple Cosmetic Subunits of the Central Face.
- Moye MS, Nijhawan RI Dermatol Surg 2017 Mar
- Incidence of and Risk Factors for Skin Cancer in Organ Transplant Recipients in the United States.
- Garrett GL, Blanc PD, Boscardin J, Lloyd AA, Ahmed RL, Anthony T, Bibee K, Breithaupt A, Cannon J, Chen A, Cheng JY, Chiesa-Fuxench Z, Colegio OR, Curiel-Lewandrowski C, Del Guzzo CA, Disse M, Dowd M, Eilers R, Ortiz AE, Morris C, Golden SK, Graves MS, Griffin JR, Hopkins RS, Huang CC, Bae GH, Jambusaria A, Jennings TA, Jiang SI, Karia PS, Khetarpal S, Kim C, Klintmalm G, Konicke K, Koyfman SA, Lam C, Lee P, Leitenberger JJ, Loh T, Lowenstein S, Madankumar R, Moreau JF, Nijhawan RI, Ochoa S, Olasz EB, Otchere E, Otley C, Oulton J, Patel PH, Patel VA, Prabhu AV, Pugliano-Mauro M, Schmults CD, Schram S, Shih AF, Shin T, Soon S, Soriano T, Srivastava D, Stein JA, Sternhell-Blackwell K, Taylor S, Vidimos A, Wu P, Zajdel N, Zelac D, Arron ST JAMA Dermatol 2017 Jan
- Development of Basal Cell Carcinoma With Squamous Differentiation During Vismodegib Treatment.
- Feigenbaum L, Scott BL, Moye MS, Nijhawan RI Dermatol Surg 2016 Dec
Mohs micrographic surgery.. In Repair of Soft Tissue Facial Defects after Mohs Reconstruction.
Chen S, Srivastava D, Nijhawan RI. (2017).
- American College of Mohs Surgery (2013)
- American Academy of Dermatology (2010)
- American Society for Dermatologic Surgery (2010)
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society (2008)
- Alpha Epsilon Lamba Graduate Honor Society (2006)