Puneet Bajaj, M.D., is an Associate Professor in the Department of Internal Medicine at UT Southwestern Medical Center, and a member of its Division of Rheumatic Diseases. He serves as the Associate Chief Quality Officer for Southwestern Health Resources (SWHR), a partnership between UT Southwestern and Texas Health Resources.
Originally from India, Dr. Bajaj received his medical training at Madurai Medical College. He then obtained a master's degree in public health from Florida International University in Miami, and completed internal medicine residency training at the University of Alabama in Montgomery. His interest in autoimmune diseases led him to receive advanced training in rheumatology through a fellowship program at Stony Brook University in New York. He then joined the faculty at Hofstra Northwell School of Medicine in New York.
Certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine in internal medicine and in rheumatology, he joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2014.
He is an active member of several professional organizations, including the American College of Physicians, American College of Rheumatology, Texas Medical Association, and Dallas County Medical Society.
Outside of medicine, he enjoys spending time with his family and participating in outdoor activities.
- Medical School
- Madurai Medical College, India (2001)
- Other Post Graduate Training
- Florida International University (2002)
- Graduate School
- Florida International University (2002), Public Health
- University of Alabama (2005), Internal Medicine
- University of Alabama (2007), Internal Medicine
- Stony Brook University Medical Center- (2014), Rheumatology
- Medical education
- Quality of care in rheumatology
- Assessment of American College of Rheumatology-Endorsed Quality Indicators in Rheumatoid Arthritis Patients: A Quality Improvement Initiative.
- Anderson E, Bajaj P, Raghavan S, Patnaik A, Roppelt H J Clin Rheumatol 2016 Mar 22 2 63-7
Honors & Awards
- Target: BP Gold Level Achievement in Blood Pressure Control
American Heart Association and American Medical Association (2020)
- Target: Type 2 Diabetes Gold Level Recognition
American Heart Association (2020)
- Nicholas E. Davies Enterprise Award of Excellence
Healthcare Information and Management System Society (2017)
- Teacher of the Year
UTSW Division of Rheumatic Diseases (2016)
- American College of Physicians
- American College of Rheumatology
- Dallas County Medical Society
- Texas Medical Association