Scott Oishi was born in Honolulu, Hawaii, where he lived until departing for college at Washington University in St. Louis, Missouri. He attended medical school in Boston at Tuft's University School of Medicine. He completed his residency in general surgery at the University ot Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, and then completed his plastic surgery residency at the University of Kentucky. Dr. Oishi then completed a fellowship in hand and microvascular surgery at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center in 1995. He is presently the Director of The Charles E. Seay, Jr. Center for Excellence in Hand & Upper Extremity, the Program Director for the 6-month Pediatric Upper Extremity Surgery Fellowship, and a full-time pediatric hand surgeon at Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children. Dr. Oishi is a Professor with the Departments of Plastic Surgery and Orthopaedic Surgery at UT Southwestern Medical School.
- Washington University , Biology
- Medical School
- Tufts University (1987)
- Congenital Upper Extremity Deformity in Children
- Symbrachydactyly: Finger nubbins are not always amniotic band disruption sequence.
- Mills JK, Butler L, Mills EM, Oishi SN, JAAPA 2019 Apr 32 4 32-37
- Macrodactyly: decision-making and surgery timing.
- Ezaki M, Beckwith T, Oishi SN J Hand Surg Eur Vol 2018 Sep 1753193418796441
- "On-Top Plasty" for Radial Polydactyly Reconstruction.
- Bell B, Butler L, Mills J, Stutz C, Ezaki M, Oishi S, J Hand Surg Am 2017 Sep 42 9 753.e1-753.e6
- Long-term Follow-up of Neonatal Brachial Plexopathy: Psychological and Physical Function in Adolescents and Young Adults
- Butler L, Mills J, Richard HM, Riddle R, Ezaki M, Oishi S J Pediatr Orthop 2017 6 27 364-368
- Outcomes After Primary Repair and Staged Reconstruction of Zone I and II Flexor Tendon Injuries in Children.
- Piper SL, Wheeler LC, Mills JK, Ezaki M, Oishi SN, J Pediatr Orthop 2019 May/Jun 39 5 263-267
- Treatment of the Upper Extremity Contracture/Deformities.
- Oishi SN, Agranovich O, Pajardi GE, Novelli C, Baindurashvili AG, Trofimova SI, Abdel-Ghani H, Kochenova E, Prosperpio G, Jester A, Yilmaz G, Senaran H, Kose O, Butler L J Pediatr Orthop 2017 Jul/Aug 37 Suppl 1 S9-S15
- Index pollicization: an evolution of ideas and techniques from a paediatric orthopaedic institution.
- Carter PR, Ezaki M, Oishi S, J Hand Surg Eur Vol 2022 Nov 47 10 1004-1015
- Condom use, symptoms of suggestive sexually transmitted infections, and health care seeking among female sex workers in Bangladesh.
- Alam N, Wahed T, Alam A, Dema P, Oishi SN, Nahar Q, Int J STD AIDS 2021 Jun 9564624211021312
- Long-Term Outcomes Following Vickers Ligament Release and Growth Modulation for the Treatment of Madelung Deformity.
- Del Core M, Beckwith T, Phillips L, Ezaki M, Stutz C, Oishi SN, J Pediatr Orthop 2020 Feb
- Case series: Amniotic band sequence with craniofacial abnormalities.
- Lies S, Beckwith T, Mills J, Butler L, Ezaki M, Oishi S, Birth Defects Res 2019 11 111 19 1494-1500
Brachial Plexus Palsy - Pediatric. In Hand Surgery Update VI
Chris Stutz, MD, Scott N. Oishi, MD, Marybeth Ezaki, MD (2016). Chicago, ASSH
Longitudinal, Central, and Transverse Deficiencies. In Plastic Surgery Hand and Upper Extremity, 4th Edition, Vol 6
Lesley Butler, Scott Oishi (2016). Philadelphia, Elsevier
Microsurgery. In Chapman's Comprehensive Orthopaedic Surgery 4th Edition
Samantha Piper, Bridget Harrison, Scott Oishi (2016). Jaypee Brothers Medical Pub.
Disorders of the Upper Extremity. In Tachdjian's Pediatric Orthopaedics, 4th Edition
Carter PR, Ezaki M, Oishi S, Herring JA (Ed.) (2008). Philadelphia, Saunders Elsevier
Honors & Awards
- Glancy Award
Best Resident Paper- Southeastern Society of Plastic Surgery (1994)
- First Place
Kentucky Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Meeting (1993)
- Second Place
Aust Society Meeting (1990)
- Research Stipend Award
Merck, Sharp and Dohme (1983)
- Texas Orthopaedic Association (2019)
- American Board of Plastic Surgery (2014)
- International Society for the Study of Vascular Anomalies (2014)
- American Association for Hand Surgery (2012)
- American Society for Surgery of the Hand (1999)
- American College of Surgeons (1998)
- American Society for Reconstructive Microsurgery (1998)
- American Board of Plastic Surgery (1997)
- American Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons (1997)
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons (1997)
- Dallas Society of Plastic Surgeons (1997)
- Texas Medical Association (1997)
- UT Southwestern Plastic Surgeon Alumni Association (1997)
- Dallas County Medical Society (1995)
- American Medical Association (1994)