Dr. Vedanta Dariya is a graduate of Dr. D.Y. Patil Medical College in Navi Mumbai, India. He completed his internship and pediatric residency at the Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center in Shreveport. He then obtained his training in Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine at Texas Children's Hospital and Baylor College of Medicine, Houston.
Dr. Dariya's fellowship project explored the association between asymptomatic congenital CMV and prematurity. His quality improvement project during his fellowship training involved improving family-centered care and fellow competency during the delivery of bad news in the NICU with the help of simulation training.
- Airway Management
- Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia
- Extra-corporeal Membrane Oxygenation in the Neonate
- Neonatal cardiovascular diseases
- Quality-Improvement in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Cuffed versus uncuffed endotracheal tubes for neonates.
- Dariya V, Moresco L, Bruschettini M, Brion LP, Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2022 Jan 1 CD013736
- Teaching NICU Fellows How to Relay Difficult News Using a Simulation-Based Curriculum: Does Comfort Lead to Competence?
- Ghoneim N, Dariya V, Guffey D, Minard CG, Frugé E, Harris LL, Johnson KE, Arnold J, Teach Learn Med 2019 Apr-May 31 2 207-221
- Case 2: A Large Prenatally Undiagnosed Mass in a Preterm Infant, What Could It Be?
- Ibrahim J, Pavageau L, Miller J, Timmons C, Wickiser J, Piper H, Dariya V, Brion LP NeoReviews 2018 19 7 e413-417
- Syngnathia and obstructive apnea in a case of popliteal pterygium syndrome.
- Posey JE, Dariya V, Edmonds JL, Lee EI, Probst FJ, Premkumar MH Eur. J. Pediatr. 2014 Dec 173 12 1741-4
- Index of suspicion: case 1: leg cramps, hand spasms, diarrhea, and substantial weight loss in a 12 year old: case 2: hypothermia, hypoglycemia, and hyperbilirubinemia in a neonate: case 3: recurrent fevers, abdominal pain, and cervical lymphadenopathy in a 7 year old.
- Patra KP, Dariya V, Thomas W, Herbst J, Martin J, Drury-Brown M, Hill I, Kerrigan J, Jung-Wu S, Tetteh B, Dickson P Pediatr Rev 2011 Jul 32 7 299-305
Honors & Awards
- TCH Educational Project Scholarship Award
Baylor College of Medicine, Texas Children's Hospital (2012)
- Outstanding Resident Award
Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center (2011)
- American Board of Pediatrics (2011)