Dr. Bhatt is a faculty member at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center where he practices general cardiology and non-invasive cardiovascular imaging. He specializes in complex valvular disease, stress testing and echocardiography. He has a distinct interest in medical education and was drawn to UT Southwestern by this shared passion and dedication.
Dr. Bhatt is originally from Allentown, Pennsylvania and received his initial medical training at the Drexel University College of Medicine, where he was inducted into the Alpha Omega Alpha Honors Society. He stayed in Philadelphia to complete his Internal Medicine Residency at the University of Pennsylvania. He moved to Texas to complete his Cardiovascular Disease Fellowship at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center. He developed an interest in cardiac imaging and completed an advanced fellowship in echocardiography at the University of California, San Francisco.
- Medical School
- Drexel University College of Medicine (2011)
- Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania (2014), Internal Medicine
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2017), Cardiology
- UCSF School of Medicine (2018), Advanced Echocardiography
- Echocardiographic Phenotypes of Specialized Populations
- Heart Failure Readmission Reduction
- Novel Medical Education Techniques
- Physician-Specific Practice Patterns About Discharge Readiness and Heart Failure Utilization Outcomes.
- Bhatt AB, Cheeran DD, Shemisa K, Roy L, Manz BN, Vigen R, de Lemos JA, Das SR Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes 2018 Nov 11 11 e004365
- Predictors of Death in Adults With Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy-Associated Cardiomyopathy.
- Cheeran D, Khan S, Khera R, Bhatt A, Garg S, Grodin JL, Morlend R, Araj FG, Amin AA, Thibodeau JT, Das S, Drazner MH, Mammen PPA J Am Heart Assoc 2017 Oct 6 10
- Novel Biomarkers of Subclinical Cardiac Dysfunction in the General Population.
- Shemisa K, Bhatt A, Cheeran D, Neeland IJ Curr Heart Fail Rep 2017 Jun
- Selective association of electrocardiographic abnormalities with insulin sensitivity and beta-cell function in type 2 diabetes mellitus: a cross-sectional analysis.
- Bhatt AB, Mulvey CK, Qasim AN, Nair JV, Rickels MR, Prenner SB, Iqbal N, Reilly MP Diabetes Metab. Res. Rev. 2016 10 32 7 736-744
- HDL Cholesterol Efflux Capacity: Cardiovascular Risk Factor and Potential Therapeutic Target.
- Bhatt A, Rohatgi A, Curr Atheroscler Rep 2016 Jan 18 1 2
- Very low density lipoprotein cholesterol associates with coronary artery calcification in type 2 diabetes beyond circulating levels of triglycerides.
- Prenner SB, Mulvey CK, Ferguson JF, Rickels MR, Bhatt AB, Reilly MP Atherosclerosis 2014 Oct 236 2 244-50
Honors & Awards
- Alpha Omega Alpha
Medical Honor Society (2010)
- American Society of Echocardiography (2018)
- American Society of Nuclear Cardiology (2017)
- American College of Cardiology (2016)
- American Medical Association (2014)