Anish Bhatt, M.D.
Department Internal Medicine
You have reached the Academic Profile.
For more information on the doctor and patient care, please visit the clinical profile.View Clinical Profile
Anish Bhatt, M.D., is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Internal Medicine at UT Southwestern Medical Center. He specializes in complex valvular disease, stress testing, and echocardiography.
Dr. Bhatt earned his medical degree at Drexel University College of Medicine and completed a residency in internal medicine at the University of Pennsylvania Health System. He received advanced training in cardiovascular disease and echocardiography through fellowships at UT Southwestern and the University of California, San Francisco, respectively.
Board certified in cardiovascular disease, he joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2019.
Dr. Bhatt is Director of the Noninvasive Cardiac Imaging Conference in the UTSW Division of Cardiology, and he leads the Advanced Echocardiography Fellowship. He is also a question writer and moderator for the American College of Cardiology’s FIT (Fellow in Training) Jeopardy competition and a content expert and editor for the cardiovascular disease section of the annual version of the textbook First Aid for the USMLE Step 1.
Dr. Bhatt’s research interests include echocardiographic phenotypes of specialized populations, heart failure readmission reduction, and novel medical education techniques. He has published multiple professional papers on these topics.
He is a member of the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society.
- Medical School
- Drexel University College of Medicine (2011)
- University of Pennsylvania Perelman School of Medicine (2014), Internal Medicine
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2017), Cardiology
- UCSF School of Medicine (2018), Advanced Echocardiography
- Echocardiographic Phenotypes of Specialized Populations
- Heart Failure Readmission Reduction
- Novel Medical Education Techniques
- Physician-Specific Practice Patterns About Discharge Readiness and Heart Failure Utilization Outcomes.
- Bhatt AB, Cheeran DD, Shemisa K, Roy L, Manz BN, Vigen R, de Lemos JA, Das SR Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes 2018 Nov 11 11 e004365
- Predictors of Death in Adults With Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy-Associated Cardiomyopathy.
- Cheeran D, Khan S, Khera R, Bhatt A, Garg S, Grodin JL, Morlend R, Araj FG, Amin AA, Thibodeau JT, Das S, Drazner MH, Mammen PPA J Am Heart Assoc 2017 Oct 6 10
- Novel Biomarkers of Subclinical Cardiac Dysfunction in the General Population.
- Shemisa K, Bhatt A, Cheeran D, Neeland IJ Curr Heart Fail Rep 2017 Jun
- Selective association of electrocardiographic abnormalities with insulin sensitivity and beta-cell function in type 2 diabetes mellitus: a cross-sectional analysis.
- Bhatt AB, Mulvey CK, Qasim AN, Nair JV, Rickels MR, Prenner SB, Iqbal N, Reilly MP Diabetes Metab. Res. Rev. 2016 10 32 7 736-744
- HDL Cholesterol Efflux Capacity: Cardiovascular Risk Factor and Potential Therapeutic Target.
- Bhatt A, Rohatgi A, Curr Atheroscler Rep 2016 Jan 18 1 2
- Very low density lipoprotein cholesterol associates with coronary artery calcification in type 2 diabetes beyond circulating levels of triglycerides.
- Prenner SB, Mulvey CK, Ferguson JF, Rickels MR, Bhatt AB, Reilly MP Atherosclerosis 2014 Oct 236 2 244-50
Honors & Awards
- Alpha Omega Alpha
Medical Honor Society (2010)
- American Society of Echocardiography (2018)
- American Society of Nuclear Cardiology (2017)
- American College of Cardiology (2016)
- American Medical Association (2014)