- Peking University (2003), Economics
- Peking University (2003), Physics
- Graduate School
- University of California UCLA (2007), Mathematics
- Graduate School
- University of California UCLA (2009)
- Deep learning and its applications in medicine
- Medical image reconstruction and processing
- Monte Carlo simulation of radiation transport and interactions with biological systems
- Pre-clinical radiation research system development
- Optimal energy selection for proton stopping-power-ratio estimation using dual-energy CT-based monoenergetic imaging.
- Je E, Lee HH, Duan X, Li B, Jia X, Yang M, Phys Med Biol 2019 Aug
- Comparison of three undersampling approaches in computed tomography reconstruction.
- Shen C, Lou Y, Chen L, Zeng T, Ng MK, Zhu L, Jia X, Quant Imaging Med Surg 2019 Jul 9 7 1229-1241
- Deep-learning-assisted automatic digitization of applicators in 3D CT image-based high-dose-rate brachytherapy of gynecological cancer.
- Jung H, Gonzalez Y, Shen C, Klages P, Albuquerque K, Jia X, Brachytherapy 2019 Jul
- Dosimetric evaluation of 4D-CBCT reconstructed by Simultaneous Motion Estimation and Image Reconstruction (SMEIR) for carbon ion therapy of lung cancer.
- Shrestha D, Tsai MY, Qin N, Zhang Y, Jia X, Wang J, Med Phys 2019 Jul
- SPARE: Sparse-view reconstruction challenge for 4D cone-beam CT from a 1-min scan.
- Shieh CC, Gonzalez Y, Li B, Jia X, Rit S, Mory C, Riblett M, Hugo G, Zhang Y, Jiang Z, Liu X, Ren L, Keall P, Med Phys 2019 Jun
- Intelligent inverse treatment planning via deep reinforcement learning, a proof-of-principle study in high dose-rate brachytherapy for cervical cancer.
- Shen C, Gonzalez Y, Klages P, Qin N, Jung H, Chen L, Nguyen D, Jiang SB, Jia X, Phys Med Biol 2019 Apr
- Metropolis Monte Carlo simulation scheme for fast scattered X-ray photon calculation in CT.
- Xu Y, Chen Y, Tian Z, Jia X, Zhou L Opt Express 2019 Jan 27 2 1262-1275
- A New Standard DNA Damage (SDD) Data Format.
- Schuemann J, McNamara AL, Warmenhoven JW, Henthorn NT, Kirkby KJ, Merchant MJ, Ingram S, Paganetti H, Held KD, Ramos-Mendez J, Faddegon B, Perl J, Goodhead DT, Plante I, Rabus H, Nettelbeck H, Friedland W, Kundrát P, Ottolenghi A, Baiocco G, Barbieri S, Dingfelder M, Incerti S, Villagrasa C, Bueno M, Bernal MA, Guatelli S, Sakata D, Brown JMC, Francis Z, Kyriakou I, Lampe N, Ballarini F, Carante MP, Davídková M, Štepán V, Jia X, Cucinotta FA, Schulte R, Stewart RD, Carlson DJ, Galer S, Kuncic Z, Lacombe S, Milligan J, Cho SH, Sawakuchi G, Inaniwa T, Sato T, Li W, Solov'yov AV, Surdutovich E, Durante M, Prise KM, McMahon SJ Radiat. Res. 2019 Jan 191 1 76-92
- Systematic analysis of the impact of imaging noise on dual-energy CT-based proton stopping-power-ratio estimation
- Heui Chang Lee, Bin Li, Xinhui Duan, Linghong Zhou, Xun Jia, Ming Yang Med Phys 2019 46 5 2251-2263
- Three- Dimensional Radiotherapy Dose Prediction on Head and Neck Cancer Patients with a Hierarchically Densely Connected U-net Deep Learning Architecture
- Dan Nguyen, Xun Jia, David Sher, Mu-Han Lin, Zohaib Iqbal, Hui Liu , Steve Jiang Phys Med Biol 2019 64 6 065020
GPU-based Fast Monte Carlo Simulation for Radiotherapy Dose Calculation. In Monte Carlo Applications in Radiation Therapy
Xun Jia, Sami Hissoiny, Steve B. Jiang (2013). CRC press
Applications of GPU-based High Performance Computing in Radiation Therapy
Xun Jia, Steve B. Jiang (Ed.) (2015). CRC press
Advanced Methods in Brachytherapy Dose Calculations. In Emerging Technologies in Brachytherapy
Asa Carlsson Tedgren, Xun Jia, Alexandr Malusek, Manuel Sanchez-Garcia (2017). Boca Raton, FL, Taylor & Francis Group/CRC Press
Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy and Volumetric Modulated Arc Therapy. In Radiation Therapy Techniques for Gynecological Cancers: A comprehensive approach
Omer Burnett, Xun Jia, Elizabeth Kidd, Ann Klopp (2019). New York, NY, Springer
Honors & Awards
- John Laughlin Young Scientist Award
American Association of Physicists in Medicine (2017)
- Early Career Award
Thrasher Research Fund (2011)
- Resident Clinical/Basic Science Research Award
American Society for Radiation Oncology (2011)
- Norm Bailey Award
American Association of Physicist in Medicine (AAPM), Southern California Chapter (2010)
- Young Investigator Award
16thInternational Conference on the use of Computers in RadiationTherapy (2010)
- Silver Medal and Special Award of the Most Original Solution to the Theoretical Problem III
30th International Physics Olympiad (IPhO) (1999)
- American Brachytherapy Society (ABS) (2019)
- Radiation Research Society (RADRES) (2015)
- American Association for Cancer Research (AACR) (2012-2013)
- American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO) (2010)
- International Society for Optics and Photonics (SPIE) (2010)
- American Association of Physicists in Medicine (AAPM) (2009)
- American Physics Society (APS) (2005-2009)