Sung-hee Choi, M.D.
Department Internal Medicine
Sung-hee Choi, M.D. is an Associate Professor in the Department of Internal Medicine at UT Southwestern Medical Center, and a member of its Division of Hematology-Oncology. She practices primarily at the Dallas VA Medical Center’s hematology/oncology clinic, general medicine wards and hematology/oncology consult service.
Dr. Choi earned her undergraduate degree in health sciences with highest distinction at Purdue University, received her medical degree from Indiana University School of Medicine and completed internal medicine residency training at Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center in New Hampshire. She then completed advanced training through a fellowship in hematology and oncology at UT Southwestern.
Certified in medical oncology, hematology, basic life support, and advanced cardiac life support, she joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2016.
Her research interests include benign hematology, breast cancer, and gastrointestinal malignancies. Her investigations have led to several publications in peer-reviewed journals, as well as reviews and editorials.
At UT Southwestern, she teaches medical students, residents, and fellows in lectures, journal clubs and clinic rotations.
Dr. Choi is a member of the Association of VA Hematology/Oncology, the American Society of Hematology, the American Society of Clinical Oncology, and Partners in Health.
Outside of medicine, Dr. Choi enjoys spending time with her husband and two children, and traveling
- Benign Hematology
- Breast Cancer
- Gastrointestinal Malignancies
- Coagulation Testing in a Bleeding Patient.
- Choi SH, Rambally S, Shen YM JAMA 2017 04 317 14 1479-1480
- Staging CT Scans in Early-Stage Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia.
- Gupta A, Johnson DH, Choi SH JAMA Intern Med 2017 Mar
- Mixing Study for Evaluation of Abnormal Coagulation Testing.
- Choi SH, Rambally S, Shen YM JAMA 2016 Nov 316 20 2146-2147
Honors & Awards
- Excellence in Resident Teaching Award
Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center, Lebanon, NH (2011)
- Dr. Robert S. Schindler Fellowship in Medical Missions Award
Indiana University Medical Center, Indianapolis, IN (2009)
- American Society of Hematology (2013)
- American Society of Oncology (2013)
- Association of VA Hematology/Oncology (2016)