Jakub Furmaga M.D. is an Assistant Professor of Emergency Medicine at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center in Dallas, Texas. He got his medical degree from the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio in 2010, completed his Emergency Medicine residency at MetroHealth/Cleveland Clinic in 2013, and finished a Medical Toxicology fellowship at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center in 2015.
- Medical School
- UT Health Science Center at San Antonio School of Medicine (2010)
- Case Western Reserve University at Metro Health (2013), Emergency Medicine
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2015), Toxicology
- Drugs of Abuse
- Laboratory Medicine
- Medical Education
- N-Acetylcysteine (NAC)-Induced Hyponatremia Caused by an Electronic Medical Record (EMR) Order Error.
- Furmaga J, Wax P, Kleinschmidt K J Med Toxicol 2015 Jan
How do I diagnose and manage patients admitted to the ICU after common poisonings?. In Evidence Based Practice of Critical Care 2nd Edition
Furmaga J, Kleinschmidt K (). Saunders Elsevier
Toxicology Section - Isoniazid. In ClinicalAccess (www.clinicalaccess.com)
Furmaga J (2015).
Honors & Awards
- John F Haynes Medical Toxicology Award
Awarded at Texas Tech University Health Science Center at El Paso (2015)
- American Academy of Clinical Toxicology (AACT) (2013)
- American College of Emergency Physicians (ACEP) (2010)
- American College of Medical Toxicology (ACMT) (2013)