Dr. Tanriover earned his medical degree from the Hacettepe University in Turkey. Following a residency in internal medicine at Tulane University, he received fellowships in nephrology at the University of Alabama at Birmingham and renal transplantation at Vanderbilt University. He completed his master of public health degree in “Cost Effectiveness and Outcomes” tract at the Mailman School of Public Health, Columbia University College of Physicians & Surgeons, in New York. Dr. Tanriover is board certified in internal medicine and nephrology. His clinical interests include outcomes research in renal and pancreatic transplantation.
- Medical School
- Hacettepe University (1993)
- Tulane Medical Center (1998), Internal Medicine
- University of Alabama Medical Center Program (2000), Nephrology
- Vanderbilt University Medical Center (2004), Transplant Nephrology
- Other Post Graduate Training
- Columbia University Mailman School of Public Health (2013)
- Cost-effectiveness and Outcomes in High Risk Deceased Donor Kidney Transplantation
- Policy and Allocation in Dual Kidney Transplantation
- Preformed donor-specific antibodies and risk of antibody-mediated rejection in repeat renal transplantation.
- Tsapepas DS, Vasilescu R, Tanriover B, Coppleson Y, Rekhtman Y, Hardy MA, Dube G, Crew RJ, Ratner LE, Cohen DJ, Mohan S Transplantation 2014 Mar 97 6 642-7
- Kidneys at higher risk of discard: expanding the role of dual kidney transplantation.
- Tanriover B, Mohan S, Cohen DJ, Radhakrishnan J, Nickolas TL, Stone PW, Tsapepas DS, Crew RJ, Dube GK, Sandoval PR, Samstein B, Dogan E, Gaston RS, Tanriover JN, Ratner LE, Hardy MA Am. J. Transplant. 2014 Feb 14 2 404-15
- Future of Medicare immunosuppressive drug coverage for kidney transplant recipients in the United States.
- Tanriover B, Stone PW, Mohan S, Cohen DJ, Gaston RS Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 2013 Jul 8 7 1258-66
- Pancreas-kidney transplantation is associated with reduced fracture risk compared with kidney-alone transplantation in men with type 1 diabetes.
- Nikkel LE, Iyer SP, Mohan S, Zhang A, McMahon DJ, Tanriover B, Cohen DJ, Ratner L, Hollenbeak CS, Rubin MR, Shane E, Nickolas TL Kidney Int. 2013 Mar 83 3 471-8
- Donor-specific antibodies adversely affect kidney allograft outcomes.
- Mohan S, Palanisamy A, Tsapepas D, Tanriover B, Crew RJ, Dube G, Ratner LE, Cohen DJ, Radhakrishnan J J. Am. Soc. Nephrol. 2012 Dec 23 12 2061-71
- Impact of small variations in the delivered dose of rabbit antithymocyte induction therapy in kidney transplantation with early corticosteroid withdrawal.
- Tsapepas DS, Mohan S, Tanriover B, Dube G, Crew RJ, Cohen DJ, Hardy MA, Sandoval PR, Ratner LE Transplantation 2012 Aug 94 4 325-30
- Availability, utilization and outcomes of deceased diabetic donor kidneys; analysis based on the UNOS registry.
- Mohan S, Tanriover B, Ali N, Crew RJ, Dube GK, Radhakrishnan J, Hardy MA, Ratner LE, McClellan W, Cohen D Am. J. Transplant. 2012 Aug 12 8 2098-105
- Reduced fracture risk with early corticosteroid withdrawal after kidney transplant.
- Nikkel LE, Mohan S, Zhang A, McMahon DJ, Boutroy S, Dube G, Tanriover B, Cohen D, Ratner L, Hollenbeak CS, Leonard MB, Shane E, Nickolas TL Am. J. Transplant. 2012 Mar 12 3 649-59
- Analysis of kidney function and biopsy results in liver failure patients with renal dysfunction: a new look to combined liver kidney allocation in the post-MELD era.
- Tanriover B, Mejia A, Weinstein J, Foster SV, Ghalib R, Mubarak A, Cheng SS Transplantation 2008 Dec 86 11 1548-53
- Screening asymptomatic diabetic patients for coronary artery disease prior to renal transplantation.
- Ramanathan V, Goral S, Tanriover B, Feurer ID, Kazancioglu R, Shaffer D, Helderman JH Transplantation 2005 May 79 10 1453-8
Honors & Awards
- CTSA Pilot Project Award
Columbia University (2012)
- NIH-K12 Award
National Institutes of Health (2011)
- American Society of Nephrology (2004)
- American Society of Transplantation (2004)