- Medical School
- Seoul National University (2003)
- Graduate School
- University of Wisconsin (2012)
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2016), Pathology
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2017), Blood Banking/transfusion Medicine
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Stem Cells, Hematopoietic System
- Characterization of mesenchymal stem cells from human vocal fold fibroblasts.
- Hanson SE, Kim J, Johnson BH, Bradley B, Breunig MJ, Hematti P, Thibeault SL Laryngoscope 2010 Mar 120 3 546-51
- Mesenchymal stem cell-educated macrophages: a novel type of alternatively activated macrophages.
- Kim J, Hematti P Exp. Hematol. 2009 Dec 37 12 1445-53
- Reactive astrocytes expressing intense estrogen receptor-alpha immunoreactivities have much elongated cytoplasmic processes: an autopsy case of human cerebellar tissue with multiple genitourinary and gastrointestinal anomalies.
- Kim EJ, Oh CS, Kim J, Kim WH, Chung YH, Shin DH J. Korean Med. Sci. 2007 Oct 22 5 936-41
- Immunocytochemical study on the distribution of c-myb in the central nervous system of the transgenic mice expressing a human copper/zinc superoxide dismutase mutation.
- Shin DH, Lee E, Joo KM, Kim J, Bae SR, Chung YH, Cha CI Neurosci. Lett. 2003 Oct 350 3 149-52
- Vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) and VIP mRNA decrease in the cerebral cortex of nNOS knock-out(-/-) mice.
- Kim MJ, Joo KM, Chung YH, Lee YJ, Kim J, Lee BH, Shin DH, Lee KH, Cha CI Brain Res. 2003 Jul 978 1-2 233-40
- Heat shock protein 108 mRNA expression during chicken retina development.
- Shin DH, Kim HJ, Kim J, Bae SR, Cho SS Neurosci. Lett. 2003 Jun 344 1 25-8
- The correspondence between the labeling patterns of antibody RT97, neurofilaments, microtubule associated protein 1B and tau varies with cell types and development stages of chicken retina.
- Shin DH, Lee KS, Lee E, Cho SS, Kim J, Kim JW, Kwon BS, Lee HW, Lee WJ Neurosci. Lett. 2003 May 342 3 167-70
- Ultramicroscopical immunolocalization of PAX6 in the adult chicken retina.
- Shin DH, Kwon BS, Chang YP, Bae SR, Kim J, Kim JW Acta Histochem. 2003 105 3 267-72
Role of mesenchymal stem cells in hematopoietic stem cell transplantation. In Stem cells and human diseases
Hematti P, Kim J, Battiwalla M. (2012). New York, Springer
Harnessing regenerative and immunomodulatory properties of mesenchymal stem cells.. In Regenerative Medicine Technology as Applied to Organ Transplantation
Kim J, Hematti P (2014). Amsterdam, Academic Press
Honors & Awards
- Weinberg Resident Research Award
Department of Pathology, UTSW (2015)
- Young Investigator Award
American Society for Apheresis (2015)