Dr. Suntrea Hammer received her Doctor of Medicine degree from the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, Michigan. She completed additional training in Anatomic and Clinical Pathology, as well as focused fellowship training in general surgical pathology and gastrointestinal and liver pathology at the University of Michigan. Her practice focuses on neoplastic and inflammatory pathology with an emphasis on the liver and the gastrointestinal tract.
Her research interests include neuroendocrine tumors of the gastrointestinal tract, neoplasms of the liver and gastrointestinal and pancreatobiliary tracts, quality improvement, and medical education.
- Medical School
- University of Michigan Medical School (2007)
- University of Michigan Health System (2011), Anatomic & Clinical Pathology
- University of Michigan Health System (2012), Surgical Pathology
- University of Michigan Health System (2013), Gastroenterology & Liver Diseases
- Anal neoplasia
- Gastroesophageal neoplasia
- Hepatobiliary disease
- Inflammatory gastrointestinal disorders
- Neuroendocrine tumors
- Pancreatic diseases
- Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement
- Lymphocytic esophagitis: an update on histologic diagnosis, endoscopic findings, and natural history.
- Patil DT, Hammer S, Langer R, Yantiss RK Ann. N. Y. Acad. Sci. 2018 Dec 1434 1 185-191
- Novel Application of Extracorporeal Photopheresis as Treatment of Graft-versus-Host Disease Following Liver Transplantation.
- Brown TJ, Gentry C, Hammer ST, Hwang CS, Vusirikala M, Patel PA, Matevosyan K, Tujios SR, Mufti AR, Collins RH ACG Case Rep J 2017 4 e48
- Esterase-activatable ß-lapachone prodrug micelles for NQO1-targeted lung cancer therapy.
- Ma X, Huang X, Moore Z, Huang G, Kilgore JA, Wang Y, Hammer S, Williams NS, Boothman DA, Gao J J Control Release 2015 Feb 200C 201-211
- Beyond acute appendicitis: imaging and pathologic spectrum of appendiceal pathology.
- Gaetke-Udager K, Maturen KE, Hammer SG Emerg Radiol 2014 Oct 21 5 535-42
- Sporadic lymphoplasmacytic cholecystitis: a clinicopathologic entity.
- Hammer ST, Appelman HD Am. J. Clin. Pathol. 2014 Aug 142 2 209-12
- A Novel Th17-Prone CD146+CCR5+ T-Cell Population As an Early Marker of Intestinal Graft-Versus-Host Disease
- Wei Li, Liangyi Liu, Aurelie Gomez, Qing Zhang, Jilu Zhang, Abdulraouf Ramadan, Christen L Mumaw, Joel K. Greenson, Suntrea Hammer, Jingmei Lin, Thomas M. Braun, Di Jiang, Elizabeth Virts, Stephanie L Kelich, Hong Wei Chu, Samir Hanash, Helmut Hanenberg and Sophie Paczesny Blood 2014 124 21
- Pancreatoblastoma: a rare, adult pancreatic tumor with many faces.
- Hammer ST, Owens SR Arch. Pathol. Lab. Med. 2013 Sep 137 9 1224-6
- The clinical significance of duodenal lymphocytosis with normal villus architecture.
- Hammer ST, Greenson JK Arch. Pathol. Lab. Med. 2013 Sep 137 9 1216-9
- Low Paneth cell numbers at onset of gastrointestinal GVHD identify patients at high risk for non-relapse mortality.
- Levine JE, Huber E, Hammer ST, Harris AC, Greenson JK, Braun TM, Ferrara JL, Holler E Blood 2013 Jun
- Anaplastic lymphoma kinase-positive anaplastic large cell lymphoma presenting as retroperitoneal fibrosis.
- Hammer ST, Jentzen JM, Lim MS Hum. Pathol. 2011 Nov 42 11 1810-2
Diagnostic Pathology: Gastrointestinal 2nd ed.
Joel K. Greenson, Gregory Lauwers, Elizabeth Montgomery, Scott Owens, Alexandros Polydorides, Amitabh Srivastava (Ed.) (2016). Philadelphia, Elsevier
- Texas Society of Pathologists (2014)
- American Gastroenterological Association (2011)
- American Society of Clinical Pathologists (2007)
- College of American Pathologists (2007)
- United States and Canadian Academy of Pathology (2007)