Dr. Jeon-Slaughter received her Ph.D. in applied economics from Cornell University, Ithaca, New York in 1999. Upon receiving her PhD, she taught economics and statistics at Buffalo State College, Buffalo, New York, and subsequently held a research director position at Stanford Libraries, Stanford, California. Before joining Department of Internal Medicine at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center (UTSW), Dr. Jeon-Slaughter held a faculty biostatistician position in Psychiatry at UTSW and at the University of Oklahoma Health Science Center, Oklahoma City, OK. Dr. Jeon-Slaughter’s research focuses on an inter-disciplinary approach to medical research applying both statistics and econometrics. Areas of her research interests encompass cost effectiveness of endovascular intervention, gender based cardiovascular outcomes, and cigarette smoking effect on treatment outcomes. Dr. Jeon-Slaughter has taught and mentored medical students, residents, and fellows in research design and statistics and is training current medical trainees in research methods.
- Seoul National University (1990), Human Development
- Graduate School
- Seoul National University (1992), Economics
- Graduate School
- SUNY at Buffalo (1995), Economics
- Graduate School
- Cornell University (1999), Economics
- Applied Statistics
- Cigarette Smoking Research
- Cost Effectiveness of Endovascular Intervention
- Gender-based Outcomes
- Health Services and Outcomes in Cardiovascular Treatment
- Effects of Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Size on Mid- and Long-term Mortality After Endovascular Aneurysm Repair.
- Jeon-Slaughter H, Krishnamoorthi H, Timaran D, Wall A, Ramanan B, Banerjee S, Timaran CH, Modrall JG, Tsai S J. Endovasc. Ther. 2019 Feb 1526602819829901
- Atherectomy in below-the-knee endovascular interventions: One-year outcomes from the XLPAD registry.
- Khalili H, Jeon-Slaughter H, Armstrong EJ, Baskar A, Tejani I, Shammas NW, Prasad A, Abu-Fadel M, Brilakis ES, Banerjee S Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 2019 Feb 93 3 488-493
- Clinical Outcomes and Cost Comparisons of Stent and Non-Stent Interventions in Infrainguinal Peripheral Artery Disease: Insights From the Excellence in Peripheral Artery Disease (XLPAD) Registry.
- Banerjee S, Jeon-Slaughter H, Armstrong EJ, Bajzer C, Abu-Fadel M, Khalili H, Prasad A, Bou Dargham B, Kamath P, Addo T, Luna M, Gigliotti O, Foteh M, Cawich I, Kinlay S, Ali M, Ramanan B, Niazi K, Tsai S, Shammas NW, Brilakis ES J Invasive Cardiol 2019 Jan 31 1 1-9
- Rate of Secondary Intervention After Open Versus Endovascular Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Repair.
- Krishnamoorthi H, Jeon-Slaughter H, Wall A, Banerjee S, Ramanan B, Timaran C, Modrall JG, Tsai S J. Surg. Res. 2018 Dec 232 99-106
- Comparative Effectiveness Study of Drug-Eluting and Bare-Metal Peripheral Artery Stents in Endovascular Femoropopliteal Artery Revascularization.
- Jeon-Slaughter H, Khalili H, Tsai S, Armstrong EJ, Shammas NW, Jawaid O, Lu H, Addo T, Gigliotti O, Abu-Fadel M, Banerjee S J Invasive Cardiol 2018 Oct 30 10 373-379
- Adjunctive stent use during endovascular intervention to the femoropopliteal artery with drug coated balloons: Insights from the XLPAD registry.
- Kokkinidis DG, Jeon-Slaughter H, Khalili H, Brilakis ES, Shammas NW, Banerjee S, Armstrong EJ Vasc Med 2018 Jun 1358863X18775593
- Comparative assessment of patient outcomes with intraluminal or subintimal crossing of infrainguinal peripheral artery chronic total occlusions.
- Kondapalli A, Jeon-Slaughter H, Lu H, Xu H, Khalili H, Prasad A, Armstrong EJ, Brilakis ES, Banerjee S Vasc Med 2017 Nov 1358863X17735192
- Medical student reflections on geriatrics: moral distress, empathy, ethics and end of life.
- Camp ME, Jeon-Slaughter H, Johnson AE, Sadler JZ Gerontol Geriatr Educ 2017 Oct
- Major Limb Outcomes Following Lower Extremity Endovascular Revascularization in Patients With and Without Diabetes Mellitus.
- Shammas AN, Jeon-Slaughter H, Tsai S, Khalili H, Ali M, Xu H, Rodriguez G, Cawich I, Armstrong EJ, Brilakis ES, Banerjee S J. Endovasc. Ther. 2017 Apr 1526602817705135
- Comparison of Lower Extremity Endovascular Intervention Outcomes in Women Versus Men.
- Jeon-Slaughter H, Tsai S, Kamath P, Shammas NW, Brilakis ES, Banerjee S Am. J. Cardiol. 2016 Nov
- Health Policy Statistics Section-ASA (2005)
- American Statistical Association (2004)
- American Economic Association (1995)