- Sichuan University (1990), Theoretical Physics
- Graduate School
- Sichuan University (1993), Physics
- Graduate School
- Medical College of Ohio-Toledo (1998), Medical Physics
- Artificial intelligence in medicine
- GPU and cloud based automated treatment planning
- On-line re-planning for adaptive radiotherapy
- Data correlation based noise level estimation for cone beam projection data.
- Bai T, Yan H, Ouyang L, Staub D, Wang J, Jia X, Jiang SB, Mou X J Xray Sci Technol 2017 Jul
- A novel geometry-dosimetry label fusion method in multi-atlas segmentation for radiotherapy: a proof-of-concept study.
- Chang J, Tian Z, Lu W, Gu X, Chen M, Jiang SB Phys Med Biol 2017 May 62 9 3656-3667
- Initial development of goCMC: a GPU-oriented fast cross-platform Monte Carlo engine for carbon ion therapy.
- Qin N, Pinto M, Tian Z, Dedes G, Pompos A, Jiang SB, Parodi K, Jia X Phys Med Biol 2017 May 62 9 3682-3699
- Accelerated Monte Carlo simulation on the chemical stage in water radiolysis using GPU.
- Tian Z, Jiang SB, Jia X Phys Med Biol 2017 Apr 62 8 3081-3096
- Moving GPU-OpenCL-based Monte Carlo dose calculation toward clinical use: Automatic beam commissioning and source sampling for treatment plan dose calculation.
- Tian Z, Li Y, Hassan-Rezaeian N, Jiang SB, Jia X J Appl Clin Med Phys 2017 Mar 18 2 69-84
- New concept on an integrated interior magnetic resonance imaging and medical linear accelerator system for radiation therapy.
- Jia X, Tian Z, Xi Y, Jiang SB, Wang G J Med Imaging (Bellingham) 2017 Jan 4 1 015004
- Automatic metastatic brain tumor segmentation for stereotactic radiosurgery applications.
- Liu Y, Stojadinovic S, Hrycushko B, Wardak Z, Lu W, Yan Y, Jiang SB, Timmerman R, Abdulrahman R, Nedzi L, Gu X Phys Med Biol 2016 Nov 61 24 8440-8461
- Recent developments and comprehensive evaluations of a GPU-based Monte Carlo package for proton therapy.
- Qin N, Botas P, Giantsoudi D, Schuemann J, Tian Z, Jiang SB, Paganetti H, Jia X Phys Med Biol 2016 Oct 61 20 7347-7362
- Monte Carlo dose calculations for high-dose-rate brachytherapy using GPU-accelerated processing.
- Tian Z, Zhang M, Hrycushko B, Albuquerque K, Jiang SB, Jia X Brachytherapy 2016 May-Jun 15 3 387-98
- A new scheme for real-time high-contrast imaging in lung cancer radiotherapy: a proof-of-concept study.
- Yan H, Tian Z, Shao Y, Jiang SB, Jia X Phys Med Biol 2016 Mar 61 6 2372-88
Graphics Processing Unit-Based High Performance Computing in Radiation Therapy
Xun Jia and Steve Jiang (Ed.) (2015). Boca Raton, London, New York, CRC Press
Honors & Awards
- Elected Fellow, American Association of Physicists in MedicineElected Fellow, American Association of Physicists in Medicine
- Regional Health Care Innovation Challenge Awards, Southern California Healthcare Technology Acceleration Program
- Finalist for the Health Care Champion Award in Health Care Innovation & Research, San Diego Business Journal
- Fellow, The Institute of Physics, England
- Post-doctoral Traineeship Award, US Department of Defense Breast Cancer Research Program
- Resident Clinical/Basic Science Research Award, The American Society for Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology