- Sichuan University (1990), Theoretical Physics
- Graduate School
- Sichuan University (1993), Physics
- Graduate School
- Medical College of Ohio-Toledo (1998), Medical Physics
- Artificial intelligence in medicine
- GPU and cloud based automated treatment planning
- On-line re-planning for adaptive radiotherapy
- Patient-specific dosimetric endpoints based treatment plan quality control in radiotherapy.
- Song T, Staub D, Chen M, Lu W, Tian Z, Jia X, Li Y, Zhou L, Jiang SB, Gu X Phys Med Biol 2015 Nov 60 21 8213-27
- An analytic linear accelerator source model for GPU-based Monte Carlo dose calculations.
- Tian Z, Li Y, Folkerts M, Shi F, Jiang SB, Jia X Phys Med Biol 2015 Sep 60 20 7941-7967
- A GPU OpenCL based cross-platform Monte Carlo dose calculation engine (goMC).
- Tian Z, Shi F, Folkerts M, Qin N, Jiang SB, Jia X Phys Med Biol 2015 Sep 60 19 7419-35
- Multi-GPU implementation of a VMAT treatment plan optimization algorithm.
- Tian Z, Peng F, Folkerts M, Tan J, Jia X, Jiang SB Med Phys 2015 Jun 42 6 2841
- A practical cone-beam CT scatter correction method with optimized Monte Carlo simulations for image-guided radiation therapy.
- Xu Y, Bai T, Yan H, Ouyang L, Pompos A, Wang J, Zhou L, Jiang SB, Jia X Phys Med Biol 2015 May 60 9 3567-87
- A method for volumetric imaging in radiotherapy using single x-ray projection.
- Xu Y, Yan H, Ouyang L, Wang J, Zhou L, Cervino L, Jiang SB, Jia X Med Phys 2015 May 42 5 2498
- A deformable head and neck phantom with in-vivo dosimetry for adaptive radiotherapy quality assurance.
- Graves YJ, Smith AA, Mcilvena D, Manilay Z, Lai YK, Rice R, Mell L, Jia X, Jiang SB, Cerviño L Med Phys 2015 Apr 42 4 1490
- VMATc: VMAT with constant gantry speed and dose rate.
- Peng F, Jiang SB, Romeijn HE, Epelman MA Phys Med Biol 2015 Apr 60 7 2955-79
- Towards the clinical implementation of iterative low-dose cone-beam CT reconstruction in image-guided radiation therapy: Cone/ring artifact correction and multiple GPU implementation.
- Yan H, Wang X, Shi F, Bai T, Folkerts M, Cervino L, Jiang SB, Jia X Med Phys 2014 Nov 41 11 111912
- Automatic commissioning of a GPU-based Monte Carlo radiation dose calculation code for photon radiotherapy.
- Tian Z, Graves YJ, Jia X, Jiang SB Phys Med Biol 2014 Oct 59 21 6467-86
Graphics Processing Unit-Based High Performance Computing in Radiation Therapy
Xun Jia and Steve Jiang (Ed.) (2015). Boca Raton, London, New York, CRC Press
Honors & Awards
- Elected Fellow, American Association of Physicists in MedicineElected Fellow, American Association of Physicists in Medicine
- Regional Health Care Innovation Challenge Awards, Southern California Healthcare Technology Acceleration Program
- Finalist for the Health Care Champion Award in Health Care Innovation & Research, San Diego Business Journal
- Fellow, The Institute of Physics, England
- Post-doctoral Traineeship Award, US Department of Defense Breast Cancer Research Program
- Resident Clinical/Basic Science Research Award, The American Society for Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology