- Sichuan University (1990), Theoretical Physics
- Graduate School
- Sichuan University (1993), Physics
- Graduate School
- Medical College of Ohio-Toledo (1998), Medical Physics
- Artificial intelligence in medicine
- GPU and cloud based automated treatment planning
- On-line re-planning for adaptive radiotherapy
- Technical Note: Deriving ventilation imaging from 4DCT by deep convolutional neural network.
- Zhong Y, Vinogradskiy Y, Chen L, Myziuk N, Castillo R, Castillo E, Guerrero T, Jiang S, Wang J Med Phys 2019 Feb
- A feasibility study for predicting optimal radiation therapy dose distributions of prostate cancer patients from patient anatomy using deep learning
- Nguyen D, Long T, Jia X, Lu W, Gu X, Iqbal Z, Jiang S Sci Rep 2019 9 1 1076
- Three-dimensional radiotherapy dose prediction on head and neck cancer patients with a hierarchically densely connected U-net deep learning architecture
- Nguyen D, Jia X, Sher D, Lin MH, Iqbal Z, Liu H, Jiang SB Phys Med Biol 2019
- Threshold-driven optimization for reference-based auto-planning.
- Long T, Chen M, Jiang SB, Lu W Phys Med Biol 2018 Jan
- Fully automated organ segmentation in male pelvic CT images
- Balagopal A, Kazemifar S, Nguyen D, Lin MH, Hannan R, Owrangi A, Jiang S Phys Med Biol 2018 63 24 245015
- Accurate real time localization tracking in a clinical environment using bluetooth low energy and deep learning
- Iqbal Z, Luo D, Henry P, Kazemifar S, Rozario T, Yan Y, Westover K, Lu W, Nguyen D, Long T, Wang J, Choy H, Jiang S PLoS One 2018 13 10 e0205392
- Intelligent Parameter Tuning in Optimization-Based Iterative CT Reconstruction via Deep Reinforcement Learning
- Shen C, Gonzalez Y, Chen L, Jiang SB, Jia X IEEE Trans Med Imaging 2018 37 6 1430-1439
- Z-Index Parameterization (ZIP) for Volumetric CT Image Reconstruction via 3D Dictionary Learning.
- Bai T, Yan H, Jia X, Jiang S, Wang G, Mou X IEEE Trans Med Imaging 2017 Oct
- Deep convolutional neural network with transfer learning for rectum toxicity prediction in cervical cancer radiotherapy: a feasibility study.
- Zhen X, Chen J, Zhong Z, Hrycushko BA, Zhou L, Jiang SB, Albuquerque K, Gu X Phys Med Biol 2017 Sep
- Full Monte Carlo-Based Biologic Treatment Plan Optimization System for Intensity Modulated Carbon Ion Therapy on Graphics Processing Unit.
- Qin N, Shen C, Tsai MY, Pinto M, Tian Z, Dedes G, Pompos A, Jiang SB, Parodi K, Jia X Int. J. Radiat. Oncol. Biol. Phys. 2017 Sep
Graphics Processing Unit-Based High Performance Computing in Radiation Therapy
Xun Jia and Steve Jiang (Ed.) (2015). Boca Raton, London, New York, CRC Press
Honors & Awards
- Elected Fellow, American Association of Physicists in MedicineElected Fellow, American Association of Physicists in Medicine
- Regional Health Care Innovation Challenge Awards, Southern California Healthcare Technology Acceleration Program
- Finalist for the Health Care Champion Award in Health Care Innovation & Research, San Diego Business Journal
- Fellow, The Institute of Physics, England
- Post-doctoral Traineeship Award, US Department of Defense Breast Cancer Research Program
- Resident Clinical/Basic Science Research Award, The American Society for Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology