Dr. Mansi is originally from Egypt and received his initial medical training in Egypt. He completed residency training in Internal Medicine and Cardiology in Cairo, Egypt. He completed a Master Degree (M.S.) in Cardiology, followed by a Doctorate Degree in Cardiology (M.D.) from Ain-Shams University in Cairo, Egypt. Drawn by the opportunity to practice American medicine, he completed an internal medicine residency training at the Mount Sinai Services at Queens Hospital Center, New York, NY, and obtained certification by the American Board of Internal Medicine.
His diverse career includes practicing in private practice, academic medicine, and military medicine. While at Louisiana State University Health Science Center in Shreveport (LSUHSCS), he was the Program Director of the Primary Care track Internal Medicine Residency Program and the Medical Director of the Louisiana Rural Health Information Exchange (a network that connected LSUHSCS with 23 rural hospitals through a common electronic medical records interface and provided telemedicine consultations for the rural hospitals).
His research and clinical interests include health outcome research, medication safety, and clinical medical education.
- Effect of healthcare system and social factors on patients' clinical outcomes
- Statins effects and side effects
- Teaching internal medicine to medical students and residents
- Statin use and medically attended acute respiratory illness among influenza vaccine recipients.
- Cutrell JB, Drechsler H, Bedimo R, Alvarez CA, Mansi IA, Vaccine 2019 Sep
- Association of Statin Use With Risk of Back Disorder Diagnoses.
- Makris UE, Alvarez CA, Wei W, Mortensen EM, Mansi IA JAMA Intern Med 2017 May
- Statins for primary prevention in physically active individuals: Do the risks outweigh the benefits?
- Mansi IA, English JL, Morris MJ, Zhang S, Mortensen EM, Halm EA J Sci Med Sport 2017 Jan
- Statins in Primary Prevention: Uncertainties and Gaps in Randomized Trial Data.
- Mansi IA Am J Cardiovasc Drugs 2016 Sep
- Association of statins with diabetes mellitus and diabetic complications: role of confounders during follow-up.
- Mansi IA, Frei CR, Halm EA, Mortensen EM J. Investig. Med. 2016 Aug
- Statins and New-Onset Diabetes Mellitus and Diabetic Complications: A Retrospective Cohort Study of US Healthy Adults.
- Mansi I, Frei CR, Wang CP, Mortensen EM J Gen Intern Med 2015 Nov 30 11 1599-610
- Psychologic Disorders and Statin Use: A Propensity Score-Matched Analysis.
- Mansi I, Frei CR, Pugh MJ, Mortensen EM Pharmacotherapy 2013 Apr
- Preoperative medical consultation: maximizing its benefits.
- Rivera RA, Nguyen MT, Martinez-Osorio JI, McNeill MF, Ali SK, Mansi IA Am. J. Surg. 2012 Nov 204 5 787-97
- Statistics for the nonstatistician: A primer for reading clinical studies.
- Mansi IA South. Med. J. 2012 Mar 105 3 120-5
- The challenge of evidence-based medicine.
- Mansi IA, Banks DE South. Med. J. 2012 Mar 105 3 110-3
Honors & Awards
- Achievement Medal for Civilian Services, U.S. Department of the Army
For exceptional performance of duties as an academic internal medicine physician for the Department of Medicine ensuring excellence in patient care, medical education and research activities for the Internal Medicine Services at Brooke Army Medical Center. (2013)
- Certificate of Excellence
Journal of the National Medical Association for outstanding performance and lasting contribution as a reviewer (2002)
- Certificate of Appreciation and Medal of Excellence
Egyptian Medical Syndicate in Giza-Cairo for excellence in service to the medical community (1994)