Dr. Shah is originally from Arkansas and received her internal medicine training at the University Of Texas Southwestern Medical Center in Dallas, Texas. Due to her interest in managing challenging endocrine diagnoses and helping a growing population of patients with Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus, she completed a fellowship in Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism at UT Southwestern Medical Center. She has an interest in Type 1 Diabetes, Posttransplant Diabetes and Diabetes in pregnancy. Outside of medicine, Dr. Shah's interests include running, hiking, biking and cooking with her husband. She also enjoys traveling and spending time with family and friends.
- Medical School
- University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences College of Medicine (2013)
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2016), Internal Medicine
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2019), Endocrinology, Diabetes, Metabolism & Nutrition
- Disorders of the Pituitary Gland
- Gestational Diabetes Mellitus
- Reproductive Endocrine Disorders
- Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus
- Very Severe Hypertriglyceridemia in a Large US County Health Care System: Associated Conditions and Management.
- Esparza MI, Li X, Adams-Huet B, Vasandani C, Vora A, Das SR, Garg A, Ahmad Z, J Endocr Soc 2019 Aug 3 8 1595-1607
- Association of Galectin-3 with Diabetes Mellitus in the Dallas Heart Study.
- Vora A, de Lemos JA, Ayers C, Grodin JL, Lingvay I, J. Clin. Endocrinol. Metab. 2019 Jun
Honors & Awards
- Outstanding Research Achievement Award
Division of Endocrinology, UT Southwestern (2019)
- Alpha Omega Alpha, Medical Honor Society
University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (2012)
- American Diabetes Association (2019)
- The Endocrine Society (2019)