Dr. Okwara received his initial medical training at the University of Texas Health and Sciences Center at San Antonio, Texas (2013). He subsequently completed his residency at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, Texas (2016). He completed his fellowship training in the sunny land of enchantment at the University of New Mexico in Albuquerque (2019). Dr. Okwara stayed on as faculty for one year after completion of his fellowship training.
Dr. Okwara bring his passion for delivering quality care to his patient and sharing his knowledge and experience with the next generation of providers. Dr. Okwara chose academic medicine because of the opportunity for lifelong learning in a constantly evolving field. Dr. Okwara has an interest in general gastroenterology and small bowel bleeding. When Dr. Okwara is not at work, he enjoys spending time with his growing family and friends. Dr. Okwara enjoys playing basketball, learning to play tennis and traveling.
- Medical School
- UT Health Science Center at San Antonio (2013)
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2016), Internal Medicine
- University of New Mexico School of Medicine (2019), Gastroenterology/hepatology
- Liver Abscess: A Wolf in Sheep's Clothing.
- Paleti S, Li Y, Okwara C, McCarthy D, Dig. Dis. Sci. 2020 Aug 65 8 2221-2224
- A Holistic Approach to Diagnosing and Treating Dysphagia.
- Colom Steele D, Okwara C, McCarthy D, Dig. Dis. Sci. 2020 04 65 4 957-960
- As the Worm Turns: A Globally Prevalent Cause of Chronic Diarrhea.
- Paleti S, Memon J, Okwara C, Hanson J, McCarthy D, Dig. Dis. Sci. 2020 01 65 1 74-77
- Upper Gastrointestinal Bleeding of Unusual Causation.
- Okwara CJ, Gulati R, Rustagi T, Birg A, Hanson J, McCarthy D, Dig. Dis. Sci. 2018 10 63 10 2541-2546
- Jaundice: A Thyroid Problem?
- Okwara CJ, Mojtahed A, Gavin M, Hanson J, McCarthy D, Dig. Dis. Sci. 2017 Aug 62 8 1901-1905
- Secondary Aortoesophageal Fistula Associated With Aneurysmal Graft Infection by Coxiella burnetii.
- Okwara CJ, Petrasek J, Gibson M, Burstein E, ACG Case Rep J 2016 Apr 3 3 169-71
- Helicobacter pylori Clarithromycin Resistance and Treatment Failure Are Common in the USA.
- Park JY, Dunbar KB, Mitui M, Arnold CA, Lam-Himlin DM, Valasek MA, Thung I, Okwara C, Coss E, Cryer B, Doern CD Dig. Dis. Sci. 2016 Feb
- IMAGES IN CLINICAL MEDICINE. Achalasia with Megaesophagus.
- Okwara C, Cangemi D, N. Engl. J. Med. 2015 Dec 373 25 e30
- Sevelamer-Induced Colitis Presenting as a Pseudotumor.
- Okwara C, Choi C, Park J Clin. Gastroenterol. Hepatol. 2015 Feb
- Hepatic Dysfunction as a Paraneoplastic Manifestation of Metastatic Prostate Adenocarcinoma.
- Kato D, Okwara C, Moreland C, Parker A, J Investig Med High Impact Case Rep 2014 Apr-Jun 2 2 2324709614539927
- American College of Gastroenterology (2017)
- American Gastroenterological Association (2017)